Goodbye and best wishes to all y’all!

How much fun can we stand!

I did the up-grade to 15.7 and now it’s asking about 16?

I don’t like where this is going!

3 Likes

I don’t follow.

Who is telling you what to do about what?

What negative impact is there to having an up to date OS?

There are many, potentially large, negative aspects to having one that’s out of date. If memes are the only thing on your device, no pictures or photos of anything you wouldn’t want the whole world and .gov to have, no camera access, no microphone access, no passwords, no logins, no payment information, no messages, no emails, no contact info…then I have to wonder what it is you do on the device to begin with. I would think any of those things, and more, being accessed secretly by others from your device would be troubling

3 Likes

Signing for anything has nothing to iOS updates… these are on you.
Looks you enjoyed those 4 years… but the enjoyment is over.

The problem is that your device has not enough free space to perform the update, so you either backup phones’s content (I’m guessing pictures) to free the space or use PC to make the update.

As @Nathan57 mentioned… there is more harm coming to your device if you keep it on iOS13 these days.

3 Likes
  1. This site is telling me to update or I’ll be sol at some point soon.

2. Apple is telling me in order to do the update (which I could care less about) I have to make room by getting rid of my trash in order to have room for their trash.

3 Likes

Looks like unsolvable situation… :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

in this techno situation…

3 Likes

@Barry54

2 Likes

If we fail to resist we are all doomed. Next is electronic “money” via the government EBT card.

2 Likes

Weren’t all the submitted photographs used to help select the beach?

1 Like

If we fail to resist using semi-current and more-secure and reliable operating systems when accessing the world wide web?

Why would we want to resist that?

1 Like

Oftentimes, upgrades simply open a Pandora’s box of other unforeseen issues.
Upgrades are often simply revenue generators. Planned/designed in obsolescence. I’d imagine apple being well aware of that business paradigm.

If it ain’t broke, why fix it?

1 Like

To make it better?

If we really went by that, this community wouldn’t even exist. Nor would modern metallic cartridges.

1 Like

So you approve of this “better” technology?

1 Like

I approve of operating system and browser updates for our connected devices, yes (we aren’t talking about taking something purely mechanical and introducing electronics when talking about going from iosX to iosX)

Do you disapprove of metallic cartridges?

Not a bit. I enjoy the 1873 technology of the mighty 45 Colt!

I don’t enjoy computers overriding my decisions.

Here’s an example

Put some aggressive all-terrain tires on my wife’s suv. Later during the winter driving through a low spot in the pasture, the tires start spinning. I apply more throttle to go on through the slick spot. But the mighty computer says no, no no! And ignores my right foot. Now half way across I’m at a complete stop. Finally figure out how to turn traction control off. I’m thinking all will be fine now. But no. The drive by wire again ignores my right foot and doesn’t allow the engine over 2000 rpm. So now I’m about 20’ further in the muck and can’t spin the tires fast enough to sling the mud out and clean the tread. Brilliant!
Okay maybe I can rock the vehicle by quickly going from forward to reverse and still get out without having to walk 3/4 mile and pull it out with the tractor. Guess again! The anti-lock brakes won’t clamp down and instantly stop the tires. So much for rocking it without destroying the transmission. Thank you computers and technology for getting me stuck!

5 Likes

As I said before I normally allow my iPhone to do updates, but!

This IOS 16 seems like a leap too far. I need to research this one!

Here’s some of the “benefits” offered by one of the updates.

2 Likes
1 Like

Right.

There is no yes/no change in computers being involved, or not, when going from iosx to iosx+1.

There is a yes/no change in computers overriding your decisions when going from a regular firearm to a “smart” gun.

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

If you really refuse to have a computer involved, any ios anything through any safari anything is a no-go

1 Like