Glocks...New User Friendly?

Yes, Coyote refers to color. My G19X is Coyote Tan.

3 Likes

Ive mentioned before about external safeties. My EDC has an external safety, but i dont use it. I dry fire everyday including drawing from concealment. Id rather if i need to use my firearm, i dont have to remember to click the safety. That being said, i first learned how to draw while clicking the safety. Just see it as an unneeded step.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @KIM_K and you are blessed to be here.

Welcome to the family brother @Mike142 and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Thanks! Looks like a great place!

2 Likes

The recall is for only a few of these guns. I have the S&W EZ and a Glock 26 and love them both.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, it will probably be a non issue for many owners. I would get it fixed, BUT I would ride that safety if I was shooting that gun. It’s comfortable and it won’t go up if your thumb is on it.

1 Like

Jessica…I would suggest you do some basic drills without ammo. Double and triple check your weapon is not loaded. Secure your ammo in a different room or lock box if possible.

Then check again to make sure your weapon is not loaded and stage it where you normally keep. Practice retrieving it and getting on target. I would suggest you practice acting like your asleep in your bed and do the same thing.

If you conceal carry work in drawing from where you keep it and getting on target.

Keep practicing and make adjustments as necessary.

For me the biggest shock was the amount of time it took me to get out bed, go to my closet and retrieve my pistol from the lock box. The lock box takes a key so I could open in the dark. I now stage the pistol in a hidden storage box I built that uses an rfid key to open so I don’t fumble with trying to get a key in the lock. In practice while trying to go somewhat fast it shaved off about 30 seconds to a minute. I know that doesn’t sound like a lot but I was wide awake and not under duress.

If you practice like this please make sure to follow the 4 rules of gun safety and to absolutely make sure your firearm is unloaded.

BTW, I have cameras and a 120+ lb dog that would alert me if someone where to try and break in. I still felt the drills and moving my staging location is invaluable in me being preparred to defend my family.

4 Likes

I think this guy had a very minimalist holster. :grimacing:. A bigger holster could have possible been more forgiving. Less is not always more!

2 Likes

Agreed, but for me the most important is to see if the holster is clear before reholstering.

2 Likes

My personal feeling is that safeties can give people a false sense of security. The one thing they are definitely NOT is a child safety device. Guns need to be carried securely or be stored in a child proof locked container when kids are about.

Glocks can be very new user friendly. They are reliable and easy to use and maintain. The most important thing for new gun owners to do is get some good training. A gun is only safe and effective if its user is.

4 Likes

:point_up_2: :+1: :handshake:
AMEN

3 Likes