Gig Brother is Watching

@Dawn, it’s even simpler… Government doesn’t watch your pictures or recipes all the time. If you are not a person of interest at this moment you have to initiate this by posting words / sentences / pictures or statements which raise the flag… if you keep posting it → that’s the moment somebody will watch you :face_with_monocle:
I’m pretty sure USCCA Forum is under at least one Agency’s supervision… :shushing_face:

Happening ALL THE TIME…
Right now every website with ads I’m visiting shows guns, ammo, soccer shoes.
Few days ago I was in Italian restaurant and for next 2 days I had been seeing Italian Cuisine ads :astonished:
(good idea to use “Ad Blocker”)

Be advised that your phone’s microphone is active 24 hours and you can be surprised seeing ads based not on where you’ve been, but on what you have said … :thinking:

2 Likes

Yep.

I am about as non connected as you can be in today’s tech world and still function. My Apple account feeds to my I-Pad for work ONLY. My mandatory g-mail account for my Android phone feeds to an account that I NEVER use. I don’t sync and I use Duck Duck Go to search the web. on my home PC. Nothing is connected to any other device. Yet there I was talking to my boss about getting another Dremel tool and sure as crap I started getting ads for Dremel tools on my I-pad, then I started getting them on my phone when I had to look up a part # at a local vendor. I’m thinking I need tostart taling about spoons or “boofoo’s” to see if I can find the leak.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Useful details on turning off permissions to microphone and camera in your android apps. I did that a while back as there was a TON of stuff with those permissions and no legit reason.

6 Likes

@TexasEskimo - I’m sorry, I don’t. I use Waze, but it’s the only Google product I use.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget the use of loyalty cards at different restaurants, gas stations, and grocery stores.

Someone could recreate my entire home just by looking at all of the things tracking me right now. And my life isn’t that exciting. :rofl:

4 Likes

@Dawn - we are all monitored so much more than we realize. Even those of us who think of this stuff, and take active steps to reduce our social footprint.

2 Likes

Exactly! Part of me figures if I like a big enough variety of things on social and make random purchases I’ll just confuse their filters :smiley:

4 Likes

^^^ and… that strategy might be familiar… :thinking::laughing::blush:

1 Like

So tonight I should put my phone on the charger next to a radio tuned into NPR… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I love that! And tomorrow next to the TV on MSN. Then all weekend listening to Fox and Friends with a good dose of the Lawrence Welk show thrown in for confusion. Oh, and don’t forget the Teletubbies too. :smiley:

No one will know what to make of your listening history.

5 Likes

@Greg1 @Dawn :laughing:
Maybe some Spanish-language tele-novelas (soap operas) and then replays of Olympic Synchronized Swimming.
Ya know, I think we may be on to something here…

3 Likes

With great power comes great responsibility…

3 Likes

I love it when a plan comes together.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Highly recommend watching “The Great Hack” on Netflix. The amount of data gathered on us is ASTOUNDING. Really makes me want to live in a cave with a tin foil hat. :wink:

2 Likes

@Terrence1 My hat needs more layers… I’ll go look for it.

I ain’t gettin on no plane, fool!

3 Likes