General Question?

@Anthony18 very glad you found something in there to work with. :slightly_smiling_face:

Since you have limitations at the range, it’s going to be that much more reason to do lots of dry fire… it can be an amazing help in improving things like trigger control. Its excellent that you’re working weak hand. Do your dry fire on weak hand too.

One way to incorporate that in your live fire and get better leverage on improving your accuracy is to do 2-3 shot strings without changing hands … so, say 5 sets of slow 2 shots right handed then 5 sets of 2 shots left handed, with a low ready between each 2-shot string. That way you are minimizing the fatigue effect, getting more “perfect” practice, and changing your grip less often so you can see the results your grip is creating more clearly.

In general, I’ve found that I get fastest improvement when I work 7 or 8 sessions of the same drills at less challenging distances… basically within my success zone… and then 3-4 sessions pushing my limits. By then, I usually have a new success zone. I consider a success zone is where I’m getting 90% accuracy, so in 10 rounds no more than 1 is outside my selected target area.

I also find that logging each drill as I complete it has yielded some insights that I might not have otherwise have observed.

It’s good that you’re doing reload drills. I might suggest that you separate your reload drill from your accuracy drill, for now, while you work on getting your accuracy up. For instance do your accuracy drill and when you’re satisfied, work on a reload drill where you load each mag with 1-3 rounds and get more reloads in fewer rounds. In this drill, I’d work on smooth slow action to get that “perfect” reload and then build up speed over time. “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast”

Lastly, when you’ve seen some improvements and feel like you’ve reached a plateau you are struggling with, that’s the time to invest that $125 in a coach and get some specific feedback you can dig into and apply.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

1 Like