Gang Statistics

Should the poor blame the rich & not themselves? Some work & strive to make a better life. Some cry & whine & blame others. There will always be rich & poor. I remember when Malcolm X told the people to get an education before they murdered him. There are many people who willask for more & yet be unhappy. This is getting off thread & is my last statement.

And that’s your right to be done David. But we all agree to disagree.

1 Like

Blacks are not the only gang members. But, the black family structure has been broken down a lot more than some other races. And yes, every race has poor people, rich and poor criminals and great people.

"Let’s examine some of today’s most devastating problems of many black people with an eye toward addressing discrimination of the past and present.

At the root of most of the problems black people face is the breakdown of the family structure. Slightly over 70% of black children are raised in female-headed households. According to statistics about fatherless homes, 90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes; 71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father figure; 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes; 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes; and 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions have no father. Furthermore, fatherless boys and girls are twice as likely to drop out of high school and twice as likely to end up in jail."

“Let’s ask a couple of questions about crime and education and racial discrimination. It turns out that each year more than 7,000 blacks are victims of homicide. That’s slightly over 50% of U.S. homicide victims. Ninety-four percent of the time, the perpetrator is another black person. Along with being most of the nation’s homicide victims, blacks are most of the victims of violent personal crimes such as assault and robbery.”

Both quotes are from this article: Walter E. Williams: How important is today's racial discrimination?

Again, I agree, gangs and crime is not only a black problem. But I think there are several areas we need to honestly look at, such as the lack of education in a lot of schools. I will get off my soap box now. :grinning:

1 Like

But YOU fail to realize that blacks are a small percentage of people in this country so therefore the statistics will look the way they do. Whites account for 3/4 of the population. Of course it will look bad for the black population in your eyes as the number one problem in this country. And what soap box. Tuh…you only wish Fred…but we all have our own views. Thank you :blush:

Yes, blacks are a small percentage of the US population, that was one of the points I was making. " According to the 2018 United States Census estimates, the United States population is approximately 14.6% black or African American, which equals 47.8 million people. The black-only population is 13.4%. Since 1980, the black immigrant population has increased fivefold" Black Population by State 2023

Now, keep in mind the quote from Walter Williams: “Let’s ask a couple of questions about crime and education and racial discrimination. It turns out that each year more than 7,000 blacks are victims of homicide. That’s slightly over 50% of U.S. homicide victims. Ninety-four percent of the time, the perpetrator is another black person. Along with being most of the nation’s homicide victims, blacks are most of the victims of violent personal crimes such as assault and robbery.”

What this says is blacks are slightly over 50% of the US homicide victims. BUT, 94% of those 7000 homicide victims were killed by a black person. The statistics take into account the population, homicide rate, and such.

4 Likes

And you are still trying to make a point for something that I originally did not imply. My whole point of get on race is the fact that YOU are racist and implying that blacks are the issue for everything and that is not the case Buddy. If you want to continue to get statistical look up information on what race is most likely to do drugs, mass shootings, child molestation, property crimes corporate crimes and amongst other things. Your whole stance that I replied on is that the fact that you can not single out one race dude. ALL RACES play a part in WHY the country is the way it is. And I assume you are racist from the statement you made and you continued to imply blacks are this and blacks are that. When I continued to tell you it’s not just blacks. And you so distorted that you see nothing but blacks as the issue. And hide behind several fake community profile pictures. Another person who can’t really be a true person and talk about race. Bug statement Buddy :joy:. And I leave you on your so called soapbox again. When you clearly closed minded about crime.

% composition of the population has nothing to do with crime rate. Look at the link below as example, It’s old data but it still holds, I just couldn’t the newer version.

Add to it that even though there are more women than men in the US (I think) men commit something like 80% of the violent crime.

Data / numbers can be spun/presented to support whatever someone is trying to prove when you only look at slices of the whole data set.

Rather then being described as black, white, or rainbow colored the perpetrators should be described as asocially violent and delt with accordingly. Period.

@Tarsha - this is where I think we will dissagre… you throw around mental illness like it is an uncontrollable excuse for a persons condition and these people are victims. There is only a small portion of truth to this. An amoral society, family breakdown, improper upbringing, physical & emotional abuse, as well as drug use, and other factors act as cause, or catalyst, in MANY cases and not as condition or end result.

2 Likes

No I did not say that was an excuse to be a fool they are not victims. What I said is that if mental health is not addressed crime will continue to sky rocket. Any psychologist would tell you the root of problems. That’s the point I was making and the fact that it’s not based on one race. Every race has all those issues you stated

Then you must agree that all lives matter?

2 Likes

PEOPLE1 All I asked about was the latest stats on gangs - names, numbers, criminal activities - especially since the caravan incidents at our border. I would venture that one of the worst - MS-13 - has taken a massive jump in members and activities.

2 Likes

Several years ago in Sweden 1% of the population committed 60% of the violent crime

I saw the same, but more recent, study for the U.S. but couldn’t locate it. It was more like 1 or 2% commit 80 some % of the violent crime. Yes, gang membership was an indicator.

2 Likes

Math is not racist, statistics are not racist.

I don’t think you are following what I am saying: “My whole point of get on race is the fact that YOU are racist and implying that blacks are the issue for everything and that is not the case Buddy.”

So, “Buddy”, maybe look at stats and numbers, and stop trying to call people racist that you do not know. Tell you what, why don’t you point out one thing that is not factual in the link I gave from Mr. William’s article. Will be waiting on that one.

1 Like

Shall we get back on track? 13 American Gangs That Are Keeping the FBI up at Night

1 Like

Good article. Scary $hit.