Friday Favorite: Targets

There are thousands of targets you can use to train. Steel targets, fruit or pumpkins, or jugs of water, shooting outside allows for a larger variety of targets than indoor shooting will allow.

When you’re shooting at an indoor range, what type of target do you prefer?

• Targets designed to diagnose issues
  • Silhouettes
  • Bullseyes
  • Shapes with numbers
  • Novelty targets/Other - please share your favorite targets below!

0 voters

Share your best targets below!

1 Like

I don’t shoot at indoor ranges.

3 Likes

The only times I’ve shot indoors, was a bowling pin challenge. That’s a good time.

3 Likes

I usually shoot “silhouettes”, but the one I like the most is “Balance of Speed and Precision” target.

3 Likes

My wife and I will play battleship at the indoor range but we will make up different rules to gain repetition of a skill set.

2 Likes

I normally use the 8” stick on bullseyes because I can put multiple up at one time and alternate between shots to improve target acquisition.

Also enjoy the monthly challenge targets to add some variety.

2 Likes

I have not shot at an indoor range sense I retired from the military.
I do have a nice farm that lends itself nicely to shooting…

2 Likes

First of all, it depends on what my training is to which target I choose. 3 inch, 2 inch paste-its are a go to also. I feel as though a person should change where you shoot, what you shoot at. The location of a self-defense situation is going to be wherever so, you should train in the same place,… just wherever!

1 Like

Target AP2 B&W Practice.pdf (12.5 KB)

1 Like

With a can of $3 spray paint and free paper from work, I can make really, really, really cheap targets.
These are 4 inch circles

3 Likes

Depends, with one rifle most ranges and that is both in and out, won’t allow some ammo… ie steel case. And also what I am in the mood for! Hunting season coming up… bullseye or animal shapes.
Family fun time get together, still type targets.

Since my wife and I are still learning/practicing, we’ve grown to like the “what the heck you’re doing wrong” targets. :slight_smile:

As I’ve gotten older, my eyes aren’t as good. I like the splatter targets for the easier feed back for each round fired. Then I can work out what I’m doing wrong and correct it.