Friday Favorite: Halloween Treat

If you went trick-or-treating as a child, there were probably a few houses you knew well. Mrs. Smith who only gave apples, Dr. Molar (the dentist) who only gave new toothbrushes, Mr. and Mrs. Awesome because they gave full-size candy bars – and then there was everyone in between.

What was your favorite Halloween treat when you were growing up? Is it still your favorite candy as an adult?

4 Likes

Oh my, where to begin. Kit Kat, Twix, and mini Snickers have to be top 3. Smarties take honorable mention.

Impossible to pick only 1 :wink:

6 Likes

MilkyWay, any size.

5 Likes

Reese cups is my favorite.

8 Likes

What is a “Halloween treat”? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I grew up without Helloween :jack_o_lantern:… but Twix had been always my favorite candy.

15-16 years ago I was in Luxemburg and found 1 meter long Twix (special edition) at gas station… :star_struck: They don’t do such surprises anymore :unamused:

3 Likes

I remember going to the Hershey Chocolate Factory when I was 8 or so. Think they had a 10 or 20 pound giant Hershey bar for sale in the gift shop. My parents wouldn’t buy it for me:( I had to settle for a giant Hershey Kiss maybe a pound or so:)

5 Likes

Snickers. Almond Joy Next.

3 Likes

Carmel Apples.

4 Likes

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, hands down. My least favorite for the bonus question?: Candy Corn.

Mary Janes, Bit O’ Honey and Squirrels were also a favorite.

Happy Halloween, Stay Safe! :ghost:

5 Likes

Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. Still my favorite.

5 Likes

Bit o’honey and sugar babies. Not sure why, but they were the best, better than chocolate to me. Are they my favorite now? Nope; the only candy I eat these days coats the ribs I put on the pellet grill.

3 Likes

Caramel Popcorn, Caramel Apples, Home made taffy, any old school treats that became obsolete after the 50’s!!!

5 Likes

Carmel apples with the razor blade inside and the freezer milkyways from the previous year😉

3 Likes

Remember whatchamacallit :thinking:

7 Likes

Save some for me!

3 Likes

Just a plain Chocolate Hershey Bar, still keep a 6 pack in the cupboard. :yum:

4 Likes

George98, your welcome to come by! Must wear costume, must shout “trick or treat.”

3 Likes

It’s easier to list what I didn’t like—popcorn balls, candy apples, candy corn were the big three. They were the first things up for trade.

I grew up in one of those baby-boomer subdivisions. There were well over 100 school aged kids in the surrounding five blocks and just about every house had some pretty good swag.

7 Likes

Okay, you Reese’s nuts (no pun intended)…

This shop in Carmel, California has awesome, hand made, milk and dark chocolate peanut butter cups, about 2-1/2” in diameter.

They ship.

Call them.

Seriously.

4 Likes

Reese Peanut Butter Cup followed by Sneakers

5 Likes