Free Firearm Training

Hey Community!! Second topic from me. How does everyone feel about training for new firearm owners and those that don’t feel comfortable around firearms. Me personally, I think more people would feel comfortable if they had a better understanding.

3 Likes

I have been offering free tutalige for people new to firearms for a little over two years now. Only a few people have taken me up on the offer but, if anyone in my area wants it I will make time.

2 Likes

It’s good for both the gun community and the new comers. It especially helps for those that look at firearms as a bad thing.

I’ve been teaching my son, my nieces and nephews and my younger as well as older cousins.

So far, I have taught my mom, a couple friends and, an x-girlfriend.

1 Like

Always a good way for people to be more educated and mindful.

I love it that you’re all helping others learn about guns and gun safety. Who taught you to shoot?

Have any of you done any formal training yourself?

1 Like

I shot a good friend on mines gun. A Smith and Wesson .357. I have taught myself by watching training videos, reading and @KevinM and all of the proving ground videos.

1 Like

I love the proving ground videos, Shawn! Especially the one in the convenience store. :blush:

1 Like

Yes. I train with every video. I’ll watch it, than run the training exercises.

I learned from books, videos (including USCCA materials) and, asking questions at the range.

1 Like

I should probably watch the proving grounds videos. I haven’t gotten around to making time for it yet. Though I did get that USCCA CC book, Should I Shoot. It was actually the first thing I got from USCCA before I became a member now that I think about it. And I still have yet to take a look at my bullet USB. Gosh, so much stuff I still have to do and look at and watch and read.

2 Likes

No matter how much you learn as you go, there’s always more to learn. Between techniques and skills, to laws and boundaries. It’s a lifestyle that never stops changing. Your own comfort is the most important to learn.

I’ve taught soldiers, ppl where I work now, friends, my wife, and my son soon… but 8 years in the Army and my dad I learn to shoot. But also watch former special ops guys on YouTube that give direction… and also be a videos…

1 Like

@Tankrachet86 could you elaborate when you say you watch former spec ops guys?

I get a great feeling teaching my son, my nieces and nephews and younger cousins. To know that they have a better respect for firearms is enough. The look on my son’s face the first time he shot one will always be in my head.

1 Like

Military special operations, rangers, Marine force recon, Air Force para rescue… if you look on you tube you can find their videos

1 Like

I meant, donyou watch shooting drills or something from those guys?

Yea, and they also going over setting up your kit that you use… abstractly you can convert that to edc

1 Like

@SeakK038 and @Lisa, What areas do you find new shooters to be the most concerned with? Are they thinking about mechanics or just focused on getting lead down range?