For our safety Disinformation Governance Board created

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified Wednesday that a Disinformation Governance Board had recently been created to combat online disinformation and Politico reported that Nina Jankowicz, who previously served as a disinformation fellow at the Wilson Center, will head the board as executive director.

Jankowicz has previously referred the Hunter Biden laptop, which has been authenticated by multiple news outlets, as a “Trump campaign product” and suggested it was a “Russian influence op.”

So, no disinformation from the person they put in charge.

How will they handle anything they feel is disinformation? Do they worry that they lost some of the censorship they could rely on with Twitter and don’t want it to happen on other platforms? Surely they won’t try to control the information we currently have access to. That would make it easier to put policies in place without a chance to contact our representatives to voice our concerns. I guess this is what people voted for.

9 Likes

Yes, too bad they did not use the term Ministry of Truth, at least then they would be honest about their intent, ala 1984.

16 Likes

So now, what is truth will change every time we get a new administration?

11 Likes

I’m open to the idea that foreign governments have active “disinformation” campaigns, and that perhaps someone in our government should keep an eye on such things.

But I’m very, very, very, very suspicious of any government bureau that seeks to define what is and isn’t true. Politicians don’t deal in facts. And what bothers me more is that so many of our news outlets are willing to accept anything the government says, so long as they like the president. Far too many of our large news organizations were unwilling to ask serious questions about COVID-19, for example.

The answer to disinformation is not more bureaucracy, it’s more information. The disturbing trend we’ve seen is that our elected leaders don’t trust the general populace to determine what’s true and what’s false. This is why the President himself continually calls for media companies to censor online content. (I never thought I’d see the day when a sitting president can openly call for censorship with no repercussions.) Yes, you can fool some people all of the time, and you can fool all people some of the time, but if we don’t trust our own citizens to figure things out most of the time, then democracy is dead. The same people the government doesn’t trust to read Twitter are the people who vote. So if our “leaders” don’t trust their own constituents to read, how can those voters then be trusted to determine who their leaders are?

11 Likes

It seems the Left has confused the definition of truth derived from true as used in this Beach Boys song.
After graduation, their party became their school.

5 Likes

Want to imagine what the press would do if Trump were still president and established a ministry of truth?
You don’t have to wonder. When Trump’s VP, Mike Pence, was a state governor, he tried to establish an official news website to share the state’s press releases. It was dead on arrival, because the press lost their ever-loving minds that a government would attempt to do their job.
‘Pravda’ On The Plains: How Indiana Governor Mike Pence Wants To Make News (thedailybeast.com)

But when Biden is president, I guess it’s ok with them.
They’ll suddenly see the light when another Republican is in office. By then, though, it will be too late.

11 Likes

Jesus is the truth and I am not a Christian so I don’t mean it in a religious or Godly way.

1 Like

Jesús is exactly who they’re targeting, according to reports. They claim this is related to the southern border.

4 Likes

If we all have the right to believe what we choose to believe how can someone tell us what the truth is? I trust in my heart thank you very much.

2 Likes

Man, by the time the clown and his crew are done it will take 3 republican presidential terms in a row to undo all the harm he will have done to country and the military!!!

10 Likes

I hope you’re right. I fear that’s optimistic. I worry that the nation is on a slow march towards authoritarianism, regardless of which party is in power.

11 Likes

‘Regulation has to be part of the answer’ to combating online disinformation, Barack Obama said at Stanford event - April 21, 2022
This is from a guy complaining about the very activity that he and his handlers have been practicing for the past twelve years. Is he saying the following examples should have been subjected to regulation?

Gruber, said they relied on the stupidity of the American voter to pass the ACA. Using the Steele dossier to get FISA warrants. Russian collusion kept Slick Willy’s wife from becoming president. The Benghazi fiasco provoked by an anti-Muslim video. And many more.

I don’t trust any of them!

7 Likes

Here is a politician with a backbone!

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday that Florida “reject[s]” the Department of Homeland Security’s new board targeting misinformation.

“I honestly thought this was just a belated April Fools joke, but they are actually going to create in Department of Homeland Security a bureau of disinformation,” the governor began. “It’s basically a Ministry of Truth, and what they want to do is they want to be able to put out false narratives without people being able to speak out and fight back. They want to be able to say things like ‘Russia collusion’ and perpetuate hoaxes and then have people like us be silenced.”

“They want to be able to advocate for COVID lockdowns, they want to be able to advocate for school closures, things that are not supported by the evidence,” he argued. “But then when you speak out, they want to stifle dissent, and so we reject this bureau in the state of Florida.”

10 Likes

So the very people providing the misinformation or outright lies are the people creating and controlling the disinformation board, very interesting, very scary, and almost communist!

9 Likes

I’m willing to give DHS a chance to explain exactly what this new board will do, and what they can’t do. So far, no one seems to know. I suspect it wasn’t ready to be announced.

But like I said earlier, I’m very, very, very skeptical.

4 Likes

Did you see the singing clips yet? Makes you raise a brow. Something is off with that chick’s mental state, but we need to be inclusive and diverse now.

6 Likes

Here you go. Starts at 4:50. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

You mean 4:50. Yea, considering the context, makes you wonder if she is well.

7 Likes

So, someone please explain to me again what the 2A protects?
I’m prepping for the Truth and Reconciliation level!
Coming, no doubt, in November. HALO 2001 reference!

4 Likes

Just another woke fruit loop given some power and a big paycheck, we will see how long before she puts her foot in her errrrr mouth. :unamused:

6 Likes