Florida sheriff urges homeowners to shoot intruders and ‘save taxpayers money’

Definitely wasn’t in Seattle. In VT Subarus were ubiquitous. Women, men, rich, poor didn’t matter. Every other person seemed to own one. Not sure if that is still the case now with so many AWD SUVs on the market.

2 Likes

As a kid I worked at a shop in a “rich” area. One day two brand-new white BMWs parked next to each other in the parking lot a few minutes apart. The only difference, other than the license plate, was that one had a moon roof. After about 15-20 minutes, finally one couple left, and walked to their car, he to the driver’s side and she to the passenger side. He tried to fit the key in the lock, then a few seconds later realized it wasn’t his car. That could not happen to me… I open the door for my wife… and I don’t own a BMW. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good for you!:+1:

I bought 1 and liked it so much I bought another one for my wife. That was before I figured out they are throw away after 50 to 75kmiles. Ever see a highly collectable BMW on the high end auction block?

2 Likes

Good in theory but one can see the possible civil suits hitting homeowners when they shoot little johnny for breaking into their house while they were drunk or stupid. Plus, if a lot of minorites start getting killed then the DOJ may jump in.

2 Likes

Parking lot attendant at the county courthouse in downtown LA told me of an individual who drove the wrong car home before realizing that he was in the wrong car. The garage door opener wouldn’t work when he got home. That apparently was the first clue. He brought the car back to the lot and located his own car. GM product back in the 60s when GM was trying to save bucks with only four locks in the car line. Also extreme situational fog in my view. The chances of everything being exactly the same inside the car are very slim. Same seat setting? Same radio station? Same junk in the car? Seat fits your butt when you slide in? I would think the way the seat was worn would be my first clue that somebody else had been sitting in my seat. As Ouade5 related, sitting in the seat, it is worn differently from the seat you have been sitting in and unless you have zero situational awareness, your butt tells you something is off.

2 Likes

Second part of your statement is racist; the first part, not likely. Below are the first three results of my search for drunk entering wrong home. The first is a woman enters wrong home by climbing through a window and goes to sleep in a bed. The second is an off-duty police officer enters wrong home and is arrested. The third is a man tried to break the front door, then broke a side gate, and tried to break through a sliding glass door. The homeowner had called the police and repeatedly told the man to leave. He finally shot him in the leg. The story does not state whether that the leg was intentional. The officer was white (picture with story), the other two I don’t know.

Drunk woman enters wrong house, ends up in stranger’s bed: cops (nypost.com)
Drunken off-duty Ohio cop mistakenly entered wrong home, police say | Fox News
Drunk Trying to Enter Wrong Home Shot by Resident - Times of San Diego

Next three results are drunk shot entering home. First woman called the police about a man trying to break in. While on the phone with police, he entered the home and she shot and injured him. The second one, the homeowner told the man to leave, refused and he was shot and injured. Third one, a neighborhood teen was shot and killed. He snuck out the night before, entered through an unlocked window, setting off a security alarm, then climbed the stairs toward the bedrooms and was shot by the homeowner. No other information on contact before shooting, but a comment noted from another story that he was verbally confronted and a warning shot(?!) was fired before he was shot.

Drunk man shot by woman after attempting to enter her home, cops say | Fox News
Blind, drunk man shot entering wrong home (chron.com)
Slain Va. Teen Stumbled Into Wrong House, Says Dad - ABC News (go.com)

2 Likes

Not racist but realist. This regime has put race on the forefront of every aspect of our lives now. And federal law enforcement has been highly politized. The DOJ is really bad at this. Its a shame that we have become so divided along racial lines but , sadly, its now part of our political landscape.
I recall that story of the white female cop shooting that guy. It stinks to high heavens and there has to be more to that story than we are being told. I have been dog tired, like so tired I fell asleep trying to take off my boots and never wandered into the wrong house. And, its been my experience that a lot of police are very poor gun handlers.
We should think very long and hard about what happens, or could happen, after we pull the trigger. Anything can happen in this day and age when DAs are more interested in plunking innocent gunowners who were just defending their house or life than the criminal who broke into the house in the first place.
Sorry if you took offense. Any slight was not intended.

3 Likes

No offense, I was just interjecting some facts - that is why we are here - along with your opinion.

5 Likes

Those signs “ROCK”.:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes