Flash IN THE PAN Cartridges

FLASH IN THE PAN IS CLOSED BY Author.

1 Like

My roommate back in the day had something chambered in 357 Maximum. What are you looking for?

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Wanted to see if anyone had comments on any not so common cartridges.
If you owned one or had one.:us:

The 357 Maximum was a blast (literally) to shoot. IIRC It liked heavy boolits and slow powders and in the right platform you could get some amazing velocities. My bud’s gun was a Dan Wesson which allowed him to open the cylinder gap to stop the fire cutting of the top strap unlike the Ruger Blackhawk’s. Yes you could shoot .38’s and 357 Mags in it with the same leading of the cylinder issues as shooting .38s in a 357 cylinder.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

No Sir, but I have a 375 Win, plan on being buried with that one.

I’ve heard of 357 Magnum but not 357 Maximim.

1 Like

That’s on my Bucket list, or the 3855. I have a single shot bull barrel rifle chambered in 357 max. It rocks. It brakes 2600 FPS. with light BULLETS.
Shot it yesterday with 246 grain gas check BULLETS. and Accurate 2015.
I have some undocumented loads from two powder manufactures. It also likes 35 cal. jacketed .359 dia. BULLETS. In short I had this rifle for a long time and I’m still trying different loads. It’s truly a blast. :us::us::us:

It came out in 1982 as a hunting or silhouette handgun cartridge. The case is .305 longer than the 357 magnum to accommodate more powder and higher pressure. The the Evolution of the firearms for that cartridge is interesting ie: it destroyed the Ruger Super Blackhawk on its first blush. I have a single shot bull barrel rifle chambered in 357 Maximum and it’s a blast. Look up the info, it’s interesting but too long to post. PS. this cartridge died on the vine because of marketing as it is a powerfull and accurate cartridge well suited for silhouette shooting and medium size game hunting. :us::us::us:

1 Like

I love learning new stuff. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m waiting for responses on the 221 Remington Fireball. Very interesting cartridge, IE it got its name because of the Muzzle blast and flash ( bolt action hand gun ). Remington XP100. :us::us::us:

1 Like

Richard Crow is a good representation of the 357 max. ( BAD ASS HANDGUN CARTRIDGE ). It’s a handful even when fired from a heavy Thompson Centerfire handgun. There are bigger and more powerful handgun cartridges but I’ve had years of enjoyment with the Max. :us::us::us:

Some of the benefits of a max. rifle or any rifle is a lack of leading. Leading can be reduced by proper size BULLETS and obturation. Contrary to belief is that barrel leading is not caused by melting the base of the bullet and is caused by hot gases getting by the bullet ( called gas cutting ). Gas checks also tend to scuff and clean the rifling.I also found that rifles with faster twist rates and or polygonal rifling cause excessive leading caused by bullet skipping over rather engaging the rifling. I’m still learning and cast BULLETS with proper Application can be dead balls accurate and reduce a lot of work removing lead fouling. If you do have
Lead build up try this, for removing lead cause it works.

A blast from the past that’s back. :thinking:

That will for sure GET- ER DONE. have you fired it yet ? Double Wow. PS: good to have on block watch, let your finger do the walking.

:us::us::us::us::us::us:

1 Like

Noooo, just saw it on YT. To rich for my blood. :rofl:

Flash in the pan is closed by Author.

1 Like