FL permit issuance: 2 weeks

Did the same thing last year in Key Largo. Great service.

2 Likes

Did a conceal carry class a few years ago with a couple from Florida. Said I wasn’t sure Florida would accept NRA certificates of training from Colorado…got an e-mail from them about 2 months later and VIOLA…Florida acknowledged and they got their conceal carry permits (lawzy I hate that word "permits!)

5 Likes

@WellBonded, however it is available to the ones that would do the confiscation if it ever came down to that. So if the public can’t see it, it is irrelevant in the context of Mark697’s response.

1 Like

So what is the “charge” if you carry concealed in Florida without daddy’s permission? I lived in Florida for 29 years. When I was old enough to work for Hollywood Florida PD, and had issues due to my “Serpico” attitude, I carried concealed WITHOUT permission until I finally moved out of that rat race state to a more laid back existence in Tennessee. So from the age of 21 to 32 I was a “criminal” I guess because I NEVER ASKED PERMISSION to exercise an UNALIENABLE right. FJB.

1 Like

@WellBonded, however it is available to the ones that would do the confiscation if it ever came down to that. So if the public can’t see it, it is irrelevant in the context of Mark697’s response.

How do you figure that?

1 Like

It’s a felony.

1 Like

This is true whether I get a carry permit or not

1 Like

And to think the founding fathers considered a “felony” to be a heinous act. That’s what it was the years I carried it. A FELONY! What stinking JOKE. WHO IS THE DAMAGED PARTY? WHERE IS A VICTIM?

2 Likes

My attitude also. Except for the carry license part. I really don’t give a flying rats behind because if they start confiscating…4GW anyone?

2 Likes

I was thinking of getting a FL permit because my CT isn’t reciprocal with any other state. Is my safety training, the one required to get a permit in CT, allowed as proof? I’m sure it needs to be NRA-approved or similar but is there a cut-off age for this training? I took mine in February 2022.

2 Likes

FL does not seem to care at all how long ago the training was, if it qualifies. If the instructor who did it is NRA certified and their NRA number is on the cert for the class, I think FL will be happy to take it.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

If you have a CCW or ever bought a handgun in the United States, you’re probably on somebody’s list.

4 Likes