First Time Shooter Lube User

USE it… Who said NOT USE it?

3 Likes

I totally agree with you! If it is good enough for NACAR and INDY it is good enough for S&W, Glock, Walther, Henry, Ruger, or Sig!

3 Likes

No clue about that one, but personally use and love brownell’s wonder(super?) action lube. If you type “Brownell’s action lube” in a search engine, it will come up. Also, it comes in either a screw on lid cup or syringes, which make conserving it and putting it where you wish a ton easier. Best stuff for slide rails, at least for a steel pistol, I’ve ever used.

2 Likes

Oils tend to attract more carbon, etc. The Teflon compounds have lighter oils that leave less oil on the surfaces, attract less carbon, etc., are slicker than oil, and can handle much higher temperatures.

4 Likes

I stick to oil. Teflon is good for pan. Metal needs lubrication to avoid corrosion problem and Teflon cannot guarantee this.
Better attract more carbon and clean it. :wink:

3 Likes

The products I am referencing are oils with Teflon, as I stated, they do leave a light layer of oil on the surface, the Teflon bonds with the surface, one more way of preventing corrosion, and makes a surface that has less friction than one that uses just oil.

4 Likes

Use oil first, add Easy Off then it cleans itself a after firing🤣

4 Likes

What’s the product name?

Why don’t soak ammo in Easy Off first? This way we have auto cleaning process… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Teflon/Moly/EnamelCoating
does this help?

There are many products that have Teflon in them. The one I recently got is CRC Power Lube in an aerosol. Works great so far. I have tested it on a number of different things, not just my firearms, it even removes light rust and corrosion.

3 Likes

Thx.
I asked about the product name to check how it’s different from the cleaner I’m using.
Perhaps we are talking about the same solution. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If it states with Teflon or PTFE, I am sure it works well. I have used a couple of others in the past, such Rem Oil with Teflon, and I was happy with that one, too. That one came in a spray bottle.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve only had a doubt about pure PTFE/Teflon product, which doesn’t have good long time protection.
CRC contains paraffin oils which make the product OK.

I haven’t had good experience with Rem Oil… actually I hate it… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I have never seen a product that does not have any oils and uses Teflon/PTFE. Rem Oil was better than a plain gun oil product. It was the first one I used with Teflon. Neither am I advocating for any specific product. I only stated I find those with Teflon/PTFE to run cleaner than those that are only oil. We all have our preferences. The CRC is new to me, and I like it so far.

1 Like

:+1:
100% agreed. I know people using WD40 and they claim there is no better lubrication.

2 Likes

You forgot silicon

2 Likes

Fine attempt a guerrilla marketing, slick. Seems to have worked, too. The boss owes you a bonus. If he doesn’t agree, have him talk to me.

2 Likes

I just thought I would throw this out there. I used Shooters lube on my bolt after using my sonic cleaner. I sprayed a light coating on it and finished up my cleaning the barrel and chamber and when I went back to my bolt it was dry. Like it never had any lubrication on it at all before.
It worked for cleaning but not for lubricating. I am going to stick to Lucas gun oils and lubrication.

2 Likes