First Person Shooter players?

Any First shooter players here? I just started playing Insurgency : Sandstorm and, even though I sort of suck, its still a blast playing. Modern weapons and set ups. Play as either the insurgents or security forces.

1 Like

…still hooked on PacMan…

2 Likes

Oh Man… :scream:
You need an update to PacMan99 :crazy_face:

1 Like

Wow… so looks like I AM going to do upgrade :joy:

1 Like

…still hooked on Tetris

2 Likes

Tetris is a young man’s game :wink:
Apologies for the hijack, but anyone remember how cool “pong” was when it came out?

3 Likes

I thought I would like FPSs, but I don’t. At all.

I am at my best with Real Time Strategy games. Like Command and Conquer. I also like Civilization.

I would like to make a Virtual Reality Shooter to produce training scenarios with.

2 Likes

I’m just getting the hang of Pong.

2 Likes

I think I’m better with books than video games these days.
If I remember correctly the last game I played was “SOCOM II” on PS2… 2008, or so.
I played “Guitar Hero” with my kids after their school… and “Socom II” after they went to bed. :grin:
And that was my secret. I didn’t want my kids go violent and play with firearms. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

My kid was creating computer games in 1999, when he was 5. It was a bit insane, his friends would gather around, mesmerized, and it was cute, his feet not reaching the ground…High school,he won a state championship in programming,an environmental awareness game…and made finals in shot put and hammer. Interesting combo, there. Me, thinking seriously about downloading dig-dug next :grin:.
Yeah, books are good. Started reading again our last RV trip, and finding myself in a book a few nights a week now back home. Silly adventure crap, but gets the brain imagining.

1 Like

I used to play the old Rainbow 6 games Rainbow 6, Rogue Spear and Raven Shield. I also enjoyed Operation Flashpoint. One of my most memorable moments in Flashpoint was where I was kneeling at the tree line and surveying a town with some binos. I was watching a sandbagged .50 cal and a housemate who was watching noted how eerie it was since it looked like the sentry was looking right at us. I said it couldn’t be as we were half a kilo away and in the trees. A second later I saw the .50 open up and was dead.

3 Likes

MP Player or that other thingy mibob ? Can you play it on the computer?

Borderlands 3, luv it luv luv it…

I play the occasional first person shooter if the game is designed well and you play on a hard level (so you can’t be shot a bazillion times and survive) I think they can let you pick up some strategy and tactics.

I am old enough to remember the Odyssey game console that had pong but you had to overly the court on the screen with a sticky film picture. It also had the option to get a daily realistic pump shotgun to shoot very basic birds flying around the screen. That would be good training aid with todays tech and some realistic pistols and rifles.

But I was mostly into strategy games like Civilization and Hearts of Iron.

2 Likes

fallout 76 I made a 50 cal sniper rife and the ammo cool game.

The only 1st person shooter I ver played much, was Red Faction. I prefer 3rd person games, and racing games. Although, my son has gotten me interested in Ark. As far as 3rd person games, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and God of War were among my favorite hack and slay games.

Ark is awesome. Dinosaurs everywhere! Disappointed they’re adding more fictional creatures, but there are still dinosaurs, and that’s what counts!

1 Like

I must be old school. :slightly_frowning_face: I’m still playing “Cowboys and Indians” in the back yard. :cowboy_hat_face:
Shooting bows, throwing knives and tomahawks and shooting Air rifle and pistol in the back yard. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes