First Amendment vs. Second Amendment

This country, it’s laws were established on the doctrine of “Christianity”, whatever Christianity says is wrong, so does our laws, or they are “Suppose to be”.

Recent Supreme Courts decisions have violated and strayed from that doctrine,

Law, and the interpretation thereof, doesn’t make “exceptions” for anyone or anything.

The courts have opened the door to other doctrines being acceptable, even Shari law with all it’s “Evil Practices”.

Both Shari law and Christianity condemn Homosexuality, so one side or the other will have to “Surrender” their belief to the other.

This is the “Confusing entanglement” of “Equal Rights” the court has opened up by straying from the original doctrine established for this country.

Christianity has many different “Denominations”, but the basic belief is all pretty much the same.

I’m absolutely sure the framers of the Constitution never meant that “Freedom of Religion” included Shari law and all the practices of that “Political Doctrine” that called a Religion.

“GOD” is the author of all that is “Right/Wrong”, his laws doesn’t bend or make exceptions,

neither should our laws, which “WERE” based on “His laws”.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other”.
John Adams

“The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?” Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19:20-22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So, are you telling me you commit absolutely NO SIN in the eyes of God? For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I would love to debate all day about the sins of this world. Since this is primarily a self-defense forum, we should keep that discussion short. It is the 1st Amendment protected rights of others to disagree with Christianity. We are protected from the government telling us what religion we are, and how to worship. And that is the whole discussion, as it pertains here, to religion.

Let take your theory is little farther,

“WHY” write a Constitution with rules/laws if everyone is free to live however they chose, belief whatever they chose and do whatever they chose???

What do you think the purpose of rules/laws are anyway???

Every society needs some guidelines to go by, so everybody knows what is permitted and what isn’t.

When those guidelines are based on a certain doctrine, any deviation from those guidelines is an attack on the whole system.

Because it creates confusion in the minds of people of what is permitted/prohibited.

The courts have found it hard to condemn a person because of ignorance of the law, either by mental handicap or just plain ignorance.

Having a “Standard” or “Code of Justice” by which all decisions are made is the glue that keeps a society together.

When decisions are made that violate that code, you end up with the kind of nation we have today.

Not one mind, one accord, but where everyone is free to live however they chose, belief whatever they chose and do whatever they chose.

And despise those who don’t agree with their views, including the “GOD” who authored the Rules/Laws.

It’s no secret the “Liberals” and “Democrat Party” despise the Doctrine of Christianity.

Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens.
G. Washington. (Farewell address)

@Thomas22, the Constitution is based on everyone’s freedoms, and does not impose a religious doctrine on US Citizens.

This topic is about the 1st and 2nd Amendment. It is not a place to belittle anyone because they do not agree with your religious views.

One of the wonderful things about the US is that we are free to worship or not worship as we choose in this country.

3 Likes

The Constitution was written to restrict the government not the people. That means the government doesn’t get to tell you what religion to follow. It has nothing to do with what religious practices the founding fathers had.

3 Likes

If we’re “Totally free”, to worship whatever we choose, then Shari law can not be banned.

You going to be OK, with old men marrying 8 year old girls, female mutilation, honor killing, rape, convert or die???

Our laws are based on a “Religious Doctrine”, Christianity. and you can’t break one without breaking the other.

And it’s one reason why there so much “EVIL” ruling in Washington.

That’s where the courts have gone “Wrong”, they have approved things like Abortion/Homosexuality/Lesbian/Transgenders that violate the “Standards of Justice” our laws are based on, “Christianity”.

But here’s the “Real Kicker”, they are “GOD’S LAWS” as well, so it’s not just the standards being put aside, but God as well.

And the consequences for that is far worse than anything man can do to you,

and those consequences applies to this country as well.

Like Washington said, "you can’t claim the tribute of Patriotism when you don’t support the religion (God) that supports your country.

And as bad as I hate to say it, that includes the majority of people today.

God said at the time of the end a “Falling away” would occur, “It’s here”.

Ps 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Le 26:14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;

15 And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:

16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

17 And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.

Mt 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

You’re only “FREE” for the short time you are living, then you have to give an account for whatever choices you made.

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Like I said, it’s not just man’s law being broke, it’s God’s laws as well.

And it’s the reason so much “EVIL” is ruling in Washington.

““Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:1-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.””
‭‭John‬ ‭8:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Like I said, I guess you must be perfect, which to claim in and of itself is a sin(lying). Yes, this nation was formed as a Christian nation. They also saw the pitfalls and perils of a state mandatory religion. So, they included the 1st Amendment. Yes, we can ban SHARIA law, because it infringes on the freedoms protected by the Constitution. And the last yes, all will give an account at the end of there life. They have free will, to do as they please, and then they will pay the piper on the day of their judgment. Try loving others, and showing them respect, instead of damnation, and force feeding them. Jesus could have summoned a legion of angels, but instead asked God to “forgive them(us), for they no not what they do.” Even the most insignificant sin, the little white lie if you will, made the sacrifice of the Son of God necessary. Yours, mine, and every other person that calls on his name for forgiveness.

2 Likes

I’m going to step in here and remind everyone that this is not a religious forum. We’re here to discuss all things self-defense in a respectful way so that all may learn from each other.

5 Likes

This sounds strikingly similar to the “imperatives” expounded by the leaders of governments, or of persons in revolt against a current government, which inevitably became tyrannical and collectively ended up murdering hundreds of millions of their own citizens.

It is not for any person to dictate what the TRUTH must be for all. TRUTH is made up of ‘little truths’, which are like bricks and can be assembled into many configurations; a wall of protection, a cell of confinement, or a vault for burial. Build as you will. “By their fruits shall ye know them.”

Regards.

3 Likes

Understood, Miss Dawn, and in all sincerity I shall try not to stray in future.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Sorry @Dawn.

2 Likes

None of the other amendments exist without the second. I, personally believe that it is why it is under such an unending assault.

2 Likes

“GOD” is dead…wake up!..only the weak minded still believe in a “GOD”…that story has ran its course here on earth, in order for us to truly move forward as a civilization we must first shed ourselves of the cancer which has held us dormant for so long.

sorry for the religious reply, just my response…as for the topic at hand, i’d say both

One of the great things about this country is that we are all allowed to have our beliefs.

I will caution you about being respectful to other’s beliefs as well, @Ben_Blanc. Your comment:

can be taken as a personal attack to many here. You don’t have to believe, but you have to be respectful to those who do.

Do you consider me weak-minded? :thinking: Or @45IPAC? Or @Spence? Or @David38? Just because our beliefs about God are different than yours does not mean we are weak-minded.

So back to the topic, is one more important than the other (First or Second Amendment)?

2 Likes

A difficult question. While each amendment stands alone as a statement concerning a particular right and/or closely related group of rights, all of the amendments stand together by virtue of having been formulated in accordance with an over-arching doctrine of principles and beliefs.

That being said, I would give the 2nd the edge in being more important as it represents the first, last, and best defence of all the other rights enumerated in the amendments and of the constitution as a whole.

The “City on the Hill” may shine as a beacon of freedom and hope, but the only reason it shines at all is because its residents have both the heart and the means to defend it against those who would seek to snuff it out.

2 Likes

It is my true opinion, but you are definitely right @Dawn , reading it back to myself i can see how it can be seen as disrespectful, and for that i apologize.

2 Likes

I’m totally great with you not being a believer - we’re all different and that’s incredibly important so that we can have interesting and productive conversations. The respect factor goes a long way toward those great conversations. :slight_smile:

Glad to have you here, @Ben_Blanc!

BTW - I used to think the way you do. But things change and peoples opinions evolve and change in both directions.

2 Likes