FB Will Shut Down Facial Recognition

There is a couple of reasons this caught my eye. They don’t just throw away a product that took 10 years and untold billions to develop. Nor do you delete a database of 2 billion faces, it is a treasure trove for security services foreign and domestic. Zuck and the rest of bosses at FB have total contempt for ethics and user privacy, so don’t tell me this is why.

Who took over the project? Who’s got the data?

1 Like

No, no, I’ll bet Facebook deletes all its facial recognition data and code (after transferring those assets to another party – probably to Meta).

3 Likes

What is this “Facebook” that you speak of? :thinking:

4 Likes

They don’t have my face, that I know of. If they do it was taken without my knowledge and consent, but that doesn’t really seem to matter to them…

1 Like

You aren’t related to, work with, nor recreate with anyone who owns a smartphone, do you?
You do!? Oh, my.

I’m afraid they’ve got you, too. God bless us, every one.
:pray:

2 Likes

Crop that sentence, and you’re stating the facts:

3 Likes

You don’t know what Facebook is, it’s a good thing. If you had it, you would delete it. I got hack so many times, I delete my Facebook page and never look back.

I knew what FB was right away. Never had an account. Never late to close it.

4 Likes

I thought it just was a fancier and creepier version of AOL. It was, but eventually so much creepier than I could have ever imagined. Meta, indeed. Partly I’m smart, but mostly plain lucky that I never went for it.

1 Like

It’s a Special Op. You must have seen a couple when you served, don’t you recognize one?

1 Like

Well, from the story, it would seem it was a financial decision after paying out over $5 billion and another $650 million in just to court cases, with more likely on the horizon. I agree with others, though, about where will the data go?

I remember MyFace or something like that :roll_eyes:

1 Like