Family Of Pensacola Shooting Victim Calls On Government To Change Rule Banning Guns On Military Bases

5 Likes

Having worked and lived in that country for a number of years, 911 and today did not surprise me at all. If just one student had a CCP/firearm this might have taken a whole another turn. Also, presently working on a military installation, i can tell you that civilian personnel, other than Military Security Forces, need to be armed for future incidents… unfortunately, not the last IMHO.

4 Likes

So sad and so unnecessary :pensive: :angry:

The family is asking exactly the right question.

2 Likes

We are unlikely to see a change. All of the services and DOD reviewed policies in detail after Chattanooga.

1 Like

Not to take away from the point, but to me, this incident is 10% about personal weapons not allowed for military personnel, and 90% about enemy combatant allowed to infiltrate. That Ft.Hood and Pensacola were both done with handguns, as opposed to IED, vehicular, or toxin -is just a coincidence. Allowing personal arms on military bases will not compensate for counterintelligence lapses.

1 Like

Well, I’m going to say it doesn’t resolve the whole problem, but I’m guessing it would have let the people who were shot defend their lives and perhaps have survived.

Doesn’t mean we dont need to fix the intelligence problem, but all methods fail sometimes. In risk management we call it “belt and suspenders”… more than one Mitigation because sometimes one plan fails.

3 Likes

The reassuring news is that training of 800+ Saudi personnel has been “suspended”.

1 Like

Are all Saudi’s bad?

1 Like

Of course not. However, in the light of the event, access to US military equipment and installations must be restricted to Saudi military personnel. “Until we know what the heck is going on”, as the President said.

1 Like

Sounds just like what we do to gun owners every time there’s a shooting. IMHO.

Sorry, 1 of you is bad so all of you must be punished.

1 Like

I disagree that it is similar. They are uniformed foreign soldiers granted visa to temporarily train with US military. That’s not the same as US citizen and US citizen’s consitutional rights.
There is no punishment here either. No right is being infringed on, no property confiscated, noone arrested.

1 Like
1 Like

They could have had a chance to defend themselves and stop the attack in the classroom instead of the perpetrator attempting to find additional targets. Intel of course but firearms are a must to the instructor and selected school personnel.

1 Like