Fair is Fair CVS

See? all that Frisbee practice was worthwhile! Oh, but of course, we have to play inbound frisbees - thrown by others AT us…

(by the by, that one there? looks like a 6 foot jumper!)

2 Likes

but the Ale, the Ale!..

3 Likes

That’s Lucy - she greets me at the gate with a 4 legged bounce straight up that puts her at eye level :smiley: Not bad for 90 pounds of 100% chill… except, of course when she’s 100% business.

3 Likes

My family owns an independent pharmacy. If you don’t want to go to CVS anymore, that’s perfectly fine with me!

I’m sure that somewhere in the general vicinity will be some pharmacy where you can transfer your prescriptions to. Maybe if enough people transfer giving this as a reason, they might reconsider their decision. I know I’m not too interested in walking into a place that advertises itself as a soft target. If worst comes to worst, find a pharmacy that has a drive through so you don’t have to go in.

8 Likes

“I swear officer…I thought it was a goose!!!”

2 Likes

Hey 45IPAC, I listen to a program called Science Fantastic where the host, Professor Kaku, points out that a photon torpedo is merely a flashlight. I’ll bet you already have a few of those. Have a fun day

3 Likes

Yeah but… even a TruNite flashlight at 3800 lumens would be 10 ^-1000000000000000000000 power of a standard photon torpedo and no where close to the 10 - 19 Isotons of expected yield from that torpedo……. :nerd_face::wink::rofl:

4 Likes

I solved this problem long ago by going to a local pharmacy instead of one of the chain stores. They know me and don’t even blink if I happen to be coming from the range and have my gun on my hip, which is about the only time I open carry anymore.

5 Likes

I’ll be damn if anyone that I don’t know is going to fly a drone on my land. HELL NO

3 Likes

Drone delivery is not cool. Some of us work in the delivery industry. I deliver medication to people on a daily basis.

4 Likes

Especially if you have to apply for CCW as opposed to Constitutional. Carry. I don’t want my permit revoked because I ignore the these stupid laws. You must pick and choose your battles.

3 Likes

@Jan2

Forgive me if I came off wrong…

I was not insinuating that let’s allow drones to take over that industry. My brother-in-law delivers meds as well and, I would not like if he was out of a job as it is opposed in my will for taking care of my little sister.

2 Likes

I would expect, they won’t use drones to deliver “control drugs.” I don’t think the DEA would be ok with that idea.

3 Likes

Well as someone living in Nevada this is not an issue. The state has taken total control all firearm issues so our CVS has no say in the matter since they face state preemption. But then if a person is carrying properly, no other person should even know it is there anyway. But do check you state firearm laws so you stay legal.

Randy Bynum
Reno,NV

3 Likes

Oh sure, just drop those off on the porch… what could go wrong? :roll_eyes: but what’s the problem with dropping all your packages on the porch? It’s not like people steal them or anything.

Seems like the loss costs for replacing stolen goods would wipe out a percentage of the cost reduction from putting delivery folks out of work. 'Cause I’m not answering the door for a drone.

1 Like

Speaking of criminals who don’t follow the law…I could see drones being shot down/captured for their cargo or “drone jacked” by someone with a separate control unit. Say what you will about the drug trade, it’s definitely led to “innovation”…….criminal…but still innovate.

4 Likes

Don’t make me spit my coffee out this morning!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

oooo… didn’t thing of that one, but YEP! that’s gonna happen. they do it now with garage door openers (unless you’re @TexasEskimo) , this has to be on the option list for “things bad guys do to steal your stuff”.

4 Likes

As I know a lot of you are making jokes about this (I especially love the Star Trek jokes), but PLEASE remember to state that they are jokes.

Most people will understand that these are jokes, but for your legal safety, a disclaimer may be helpful.

5 Likes

You know, the idea of a thee dimensional delivery space opens up the possibilities of delivery in “safe locations.” Say you have a nice back yard which is fenced and well signed, or even better has very dense shrubbery surround. UAV/drone could deliver into a location only you and your family could access - maybe even relatively unobservable. Also, as mentioned 3d allows for elevation above street level; do you have a fenced porch or access to a roof space?

I’m not saying it’s all cherry, but there might be some benefits beyond what we have to settle for today.

edit/ I just thought most people who have a well covered back yard and signs posted
…usually have dogs…
nevermind

1 Like