F.B.I. Negotiation Tactics

A while back an add popped up on Facebook about Chris Voss’ online class focused on negotiation tactics. Now, I would not go as far as to tell you to buy that course but will encourgage purchasing the book titled, "
Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Christopher Voss and Tahl Raz

It was good but must say empathy and putting myself in the place of others situation as well as communication has been interwoven into me since being a child (For any that know me on here know I talk a lot. Even dome cases too much).

The lesson is very close related to de-escalation tactics but instead it’s already escalated to the point of life and death for yourself or others.

Do you think it could be possible for you to put yourself in their shoes long enough to keep them talking in order to gain tactical advantage and (or they surrender?

(There are other great psychological points the former Special Agent pointed out BUT none that should be applied for us, law-abiding citizens unless properly trained or law enforcement ONLY.)

Edit: The book is not really about self-defense but information to apply that which he learned in everyday life. I would not recommend nor endourse doing that necessarily in every aspect of life. However as diligent we are in educating and training, one may absorb it for self-defense such as myself.

3 Likes