EVs failing?

Are EVs failing? Is the push really just another thransfer of wealth scheme?

8 Likes

Battery-powered EVs in the year 2022 are a definite scam.
In the year 2023 they may come up with a fuel cell or cold fusion device, then it wont be a scam.

11 Likes

Or hydrogen.

5 Likes

The fuel needs to be something that is easy for an individual to store or transport, and cannot be easily turned off on command. Electricity aint it. Exotic, cryogenic fuels aint it. You get the picture.

6 Likes

Hydrogen fuel cells are still debatable in regards to how you get the hydrogen. Takes a lot of energy to separate from air or water so depending on the methods for generating the energy for that determines how clean it really is. Yes, EVs are clean at the vehicle, but if we’re simply moving the pollution elsewhere, we haven’t really accomplished anything.

12 Likes

Not a scam now or next year.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve been watching this site for a number of years. They havent arrested the guy for fraud, nor does he have a contract with Tesla, etc

4 Likes

It’s really all in the application of the machine. EV’s are pretty well suited for the 10-30 mile commuter, that can charge the vehicle in the garage every night. The cross country salesman doing 400-500 miles a day is better off with an ICE. The idea that EV’s solve every problem is short sighted, they are not carbon free, they are not economical, they are not convenient. They are simply a different way of turning an energy source into mechanical motion.

12 Likes

Not to mention the batteries can be an extreme hazard if they catch on fire.
At yet another battery storage facility for the grid in California last week, one of the battery units caught fire. They had to completely shut down that section of the grid and let it burn for a couple of days. They also had to shut down part of the nearby freeway as the smoke is very toxic.

EV cars are complete toast if their battery catches fire…

7 Likes

EV cars are in your future. The government says so and you/we work for the government. How many state legislatures have mandated electric cars as the future for their state? And, they get elected and re-elected, so it must be what the people want.

5 Likes

I am old enough to remember “He gave me a free phone! A free phone!”. I don’t see “he gave me a free Tesla” though, it is excessive even for the most generous progressive give aways. So, hopefully you are wrong

5 Likes

What percentage of leaders, if you want to call them that, do you believe have a vested interest in banning ICE vehicles aside from the supposed “save the earth” perspective? Why isn’t there more focus on CO2 harvesting, if that’s a real thing? Seems to me a good solution. EVs are in our future, for sure, and I don’t have a problem with that. I do have a problem with the, current, lie that it is THE answer and better environmentally when ALL things are considered. Without a nuclear power grid, it’s not viable at the scale required if every dinhke ICE vehicle was replaced with an EV. Dont forget, we need to not just think about personal vehicles. What about commercial trucks, diesel locomotives, ships, aircrafts, etc.? No…they’re not talking about those, just our personal vehicles. I guarantee you, while ypu and I have to make sacrifices to not use carbon based fuels, the powers that be are not. As supply dwindle, they’re making sure they can continue their lifestyles while we cannot. You think they’re giving up their yachts, private jets, etc.? Think again!

5 Likes

Yes, why is the federal government not mandating electric military vehicles? It would about as bad a decision as accepting alphabet people into our military.

6 Likes

They are starting with the postal service. They will replace all of the ICE trucks and then realize none of the post offices have charging stations.

7 Likes

LOL. This is why my mail, which used to show up at 3pm every day, now often don’t get here until 8pm!

4 Likes

I agree. Great for commuter but not for long trips. But, who wants to own multiple cars?!

5 Likes

Commuter? Do most people commute a few hundread miles each way every day. Yea…no.

I don’t understand all of this made up stuff about EVs. You all sound like you have early onset grumpyness (EOG). And probably like .45s. :slight_smile:

Get your paws out of the past and look to the future…it it how progress is made. Far fewer moving parts. Last longer. TORQUE! And the tech is getting better by the hour. Far from that for ICE. They’re dinosaurs, like it or not.

Cost is dropping like a stone to make them and buy them. And they have great mileage, even at this very early stage.

2 Likes

My point was in regards to the environment, which is the main reason behind the push. There is no doubt there are many benifits and even advantages to EVs over ICE but that does not negate the truth about the challenges that so many refuse to acknowledge.

2 Likes

We know the real ranges and their stated ranges are not the same - we have read news reports and reviews. You really want to trust a vehicle with a 100-mile claimed range in Summer heat or Winter cold? Then, what is its range after a couple of years? And how much does the replacement battery cost?

What new-fangled cartridge do you like? I prefer tried and true, personally. 9mm has been around longer than the 1911, and its venerated .45ACP.

2 Likes