Evolution of a firearm: Glock 17 and 19

I think the Glock vs 1911 rivalry goes back to the sticks vs stones argument. I’m sure this argument has divided families. Lol

2 Likes

OK. We don’t want do divide families… I come with compromise:
1911glock
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That may work for me… does it come in a 9mm, @Jerzees??? :smile:

1 Like

@Dawn, it comes with any sizes of barrel, whatever Photoshop and clever hands can do :smile:

2 Likes

Here you go… :wink:

1 Like

That’s like saying this is a compromise. Lol

main-qimg-8a8a19e85a6b38141bce611fb5bbda0c

1 Like

Here’s the best I can do for capacity. 8 rounds of .357 mag, and moon clips are hard to argue. Just ask Jerry Miculek.

1 Like

That would be awesome!

1 Like

My first Glock was a 19 authorized by the Sheriff’s Office.Soon after, I acquired a Glock 26 as a backup/off-duty weapon. It was a little awkward at first but became second nature with practice. Then there was a shootout is a small city near Louisville. The suspect was amped up on PCP and was hit over 50 times but wouldn’t go down. Soon after, the SO, along with most other departments in the area moved to .40 cal. and switched to the Glock 22 as the duty weapon and the 27 for plain clothes, backup and off-duty. Then, a few years later, we switched to the Glock 35 “Practical Tactical” as the standard duty weapon as an option. I preferred the G22 over the 27 and 35 and usually carried it on duty. Then, after I moved to another counties SO I dusted off the 35 and realized that I was shooting better with it. After retiring, I settled on the 9mm 26 with Magpul 12 rd magazines along with a few 15 and 17 round magazines for when the feces hits the fan. I use those in the 26 and a KelTec Sub 2000 I always keep nearby. My current 26 is a gen 4 and the only mod I’ve made to it is night sights which should be standard. Oh and there’s a .380 G 42 Home for my wife or times when a pocket pistol is the only option.

2 Likes