Everyday Carry List

I picked up the USCCA’s book and DVD for treating GSW’s, knife wounds etc and it is very good. I believe I got mine with a first aid kit from USCCA. I think I’m due for a refresher and will re-read the book again and re-watch the DVD. It’s good to brush up and keep the important things fresh in your head for when you need it most.

2 Likes

Hi Deril. I carry everything you mentioned, plus a small mace sprayer as well. Like yourself, I cannot have firearms at work, but am never without my knife and mace. I’m an options guy … it’s always good to have options in any situation, right?

3 Likes

edc

Additional Notes: 1.) Flashlight & knife models may vary 2.) Firearm carried as much as allowed, and 3.) Portable phone charger is also part of my carry but was recharging.

4 Likes

Great knife, @JOSE :wink:

Is that a lighter next to your phone? Do you smoke or is it a survival tool?

I don’t smoke, but I’m thinking having a lighter on me might not be a bad idea.

2 Likes

I like the knife too - very sharp. Yes, it’s a plasma lighter from Walgreens (As seen on TV section). It’s rechargeable via usb cable. I prefer this than to have flammable liquid in my pocket. I do not smoke, but read from other EDC articles that it may come in handy from time to time and doesn’t take up too much space. Last summer friends and I were actually at a picnic where no one remembered to bring matches or a lighter for the grill. That would have come in handy back then, but I wasn’t carrying it. We ended up borrowing a stranger’s lighter but had to work to keep the charcoals burning.

3 Likes

I’ll be checking this out!

2 Likes

@Dawn, I have two of those Atomic Arcing Lighters (No fuel needed) in my bug-out bag and they charge via USB. I don’t smoke either but they would be great for starting a fire.

3 Likes

I have my second one in my Get-home-bag with an actual lighter as backup.

3 Likes

When I step outside of the house I always have my S&W 380 Bodyguard w/laser a Gerber pocket clip knife and a clean handkerchief, not a lot really but I have it on me everyday.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Rocklock. How long have you carried the S&W? It’s a great gun!

3 Likes

Just a couple of years, fits my hand like like they made it just for me.

4 Likes

Welcome @Rocklock to the Community. Glad to have you aboard.

Sounds like the Goldilocks story: Not Too Much, Not Too Little… JUST RIGHT!

3 Likes

I hope you all are proud of yourselves! :grinning: I just impulse bought the Atomic Lighter based on this thread, even though my go bag has flint and steel in it already. Luckily it was on clearance for $5 so I’m not out a ton of cash.

3 Likes

LOL! Thank @JOSE when it comes in handy, @Shepherd! :smile:

3 Likes

This is May, 2019 and I have a EDC and with 3 years of training it stays and I grow everyday to be a responsible carrier. I enjoy the learning and all the help. EDC: Sig Sauer P320c 9mm or P320F. .40SW

Thanks You

William H Smith Jr

3 Likes

I impulse bought them when they were on sale for $10 ea. $5 is even better. There are mixed reviews, but so far mine are working fine.

3 Likes

@JOSE, yeah, I saw the mixed reviews when everyone was talking about them. Thought it funny that I then ran across them at the grocery store on closeout. If anyone has a King Soopers, City Market, or Krogers in their town and wants one, I’d check to see if they are on close out locally. I carry matches in a waterproof case and flint and steel, in my go bag. If the Atomic Lighter works most of the time, it’ll save those other supplies for an even rainier day.

4 Likes

Hmm… Kroger just took over our local grocery store chain. I’ll have to see if they have them on clearance in WI.

4 Likes

Tonight, I had a learning experience.

I ended up having to work late, at night, walking home alone after rush-hour, inclement weather, the streets and sidewalks were sparse. As I heading down the sidewalk towards my home, I approached
an alley-way, when a suspicious looking vehicle pulled up beside me, passed me, then reversed and pulled partially into an alley-way, then it stopped, blocking my path. When I say suspicious to me, its paint job was all black, a four-door sedan, five windows were tinted. I had to stop as it blocked me, I reached inside my jacket, where I normally “holster” … to place my hand on my Kimber PepperBlaster. I was not able to CCW this night. Then I noticed the car reverse, and make a U-turn on the main street and drive away.

I think it ended up as a false alarm, that they probably were just wanting to make a three point turn, though I could never be 100% sure. I could not get a look inside that vehicle, as it was at night and the windows were tinted. I doubt that they were criminals who backed off when they saw me “reach”, but I’ll never know.

From a tactical safety method, I may have not followed the best steps. However, the experience taught me some lessons today, that I wish I remember. For starters, my PepperBlaster got stuck in my pocket and I would never have even been able to draw it. I should from now on, carry it more carefully and adequately, and practice drawing it. I also realized I need to ensure that I have proper prescription eyewear always on, whether it be contact lenses or glasses which do not fog up during bad weather; Practice and simulation may also help me.

1 Like

Firearm, trauma kit (no TQ), Clinch Pick, boxcutter, Bic Mini w/ duct tape, and a hat.

When I leave the house:
ASP Defender D2 w/ a light on the ring, cell phone, keys. IF i expect to be out in low light I add the Arkfield Pro.

3 Likes