Everyday Carry List

I’m considering another pistol, somewhat of a novelty but it would be tempting as a pocket pistol depending on how it performs.

Caught a glimpse of it, my preferred gun store is going to try and get one, it’s the double shot .22wmr revolver. Forget the name of it but essentially a 8 shot revolver with only 4 shots due to the double shot. Will likely be just a novelty and a backpack gun but will see…

2 Likes

True. It only holds 2 shots and the recoil is gonna be more.
It seems that everything we carry nowadays puts us at risk somehow, someway.

3 Likes

Everything has a strength and a weakness. I build my EDC around complimentary strengths to try and prepare for as many worst case scenarios as possible while trying to be practical.

3 Likes

Could you elaborate on complimentary strengths?

2 Likes

A revolver is limited in capacity but makes up for it in reliability and ability to fire from the pocket while a semiauto isn’t as reliable it makes up for it with capacity the two together cover both bases. I do the same with medical gear I carry a CAT tourniquet for easy self application and speed but I also carry a SWAT-T in case I need another for someone else (particularly a child as a CAT is limited in how small it will go) so on and so on.

5 Likes

I carry an HK VP9 IWB at 4 o’clock, magazine in an AIWB carrier, another magazine in my pocket in an Ammo Armor case, Benchmade knife with a pocket clip, Nitecore tactical flashlight, an expandable baton in my truck and a trauma kit that consists of a Gen 7 combat tourniquet, 4" and 6 " Israeli bandages, a clotting bandage and medical gloves.

5 Likes

Nitecore?? Is it pretty Good?? How does it do on battery life??

3 Likes

I like it very much. It’s a rechargeable flashlight with a charging port on it. Uses the same cord as my cell phone. Each charge lasts quite a while.

5 Likes

Female MAXI pads are a good addition to the kit as well. works better than gauze or anything like that to help stop bleeding.

4 Likes

My unit actually did that for a long while, because the quick clot was useless in humid conditions. But yes they work wonders for trauma wound care…

3 Likes

Must be awkward when you go to the store to buy them for the kit. :laughing:

5 Likes

The minimum is always a knife, I carry a kershaw auto (I’m a switchblade nerd). If I’m in the woods, i always have a fixed blade knife. I have a variety of pistols and holsters, so I’m pretty versatile with what I can make work. A nice part about dressing up is that I will wear cowboy boots, they look nice, and with an ankle holster they conceal a revolver nicely. Most of the time a flashlight is with me, and I always have an extra mag or speed loader. So for instance, if I’m going somewhere where I’m dressing up, a revolver in my boot, knife in the pocket concealed as well, and a speed loader. If I’m going out in normal clothes sometimes depending where im heading, I’ll take 2 guns, and a spare mag for my primary, streamlight, folder. And in the woods I’ll have my Glock 10mm with hardcast rounds (if you clean the gun after 10 or so rounds, and the bullets are lubed hardcast won’t blow your gun up) and a fixed blade.

4 Likes

Pretty basic SIG 320. What bugs me is I can’t carry at work and I work in a bad area. I wouldn’t think to keep my firearm locked in my car in case it got broken into.

2 Likes

Have you looked into any car safes? Or is that kind of still out of the question?

2 Likes

I have one. I live in MA. Perhaps its my ignorance of the law but employers and the general public aren’t sympathetic.
Im going to be taking a class on the laws as in MA they are crazy confusing.

5 Likes

Hey Dean, I live in MA too. If you aren’t already a member of GOAL, you should consider joining. They offer lots of classes on MA laws,CCW, use of force etc. Jon Green is their director of education, and does a great job.

I’ve actually taken more classes that don’t involve live fire, but are geared to knowing the laws and your rights and responsibilities as a gun owner.

As for leaving the gun in your car in the safe, you’d be within your rights to do so. I do it at work all the time, and work overnight in the worst section of my city. I have a pretty durable safe which also has a cable that attaches to it. I’m able to completely conceal mine in my truck, where anyone would really have to spend some time looking and moving items to find the compartment it’s locked up in.

3 Likes

I have the Samsung gear S3 as well and like it very much, I don’t have my HTC one any more and use it with my iPhone.

3 Likes

I’m in western MA. Car safes are well worth it. I hate the whole unholstering handling process, but sometimes its necessary. I throw a Golds Gym bag on top of mine, maybe have a pair of underwear sticking out the top. Nobody wants that.

4 Likes

Yep the femoral artery, that’s it. :joy:

2 Likes

In New Jersey I can’t carry yet however, I do carry a Leatherman and I also carry a knife that has a small light, fire starter and seatbelt cutter on it. I also carry Pepper Spray with me everywhere I can. I heard just now about the gel pepper spray and I am going to look into that.

1 Like