Every time I feel proud of my shooting abilities…

One of my damn friends does something like this to me.
:scream:

This is a first hand account, not internet BS. He does this habitually (not this particular shots but LR shooting) and it’s his sport/hobby. A 500yrd shot for him is not even a challenge.

He’s a friend, this is what he does. He loves shooting SPs (Specialty Pistols) that he has custom built by the best gunsmiths in the country at incredible ranges. He’s got a bunch of them and most cost more than some folks make in a month.

1,450 MEASURED yards. The gun is chambered in 7mm Dakota (most folks don’t even know what that is) shooting hand made custom bullets, and it’s shot off shooting rests that are built for this kind of LR shooting and cost thousands of $$$$$s.

IMG_3082

I know this is not part of our main area of interest, self defense. I just thought some of the polls here would find it interesting so I posted it for the folks that might.

I have another friend (mentor) who said the wisest thing about LR shooting anyone has said to me. “If you can see it, you can hit it.”

So next time someone at the range is complaining that the targets are set too far, just punch them :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

Huh? :thinking:
If you can see your attacker a mile away, you can defend yourself and hit them. :wink:

6 Likes

One better have a eye witness hearing him threaten to kill you at that distance:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You do have a point there. Part of my HD plan is a few well tested LR rifles that will reach out and touch someone. I mean, a few “experts have predicted a Zombie apocalypse :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Nope, I’ll just move to Arizona :rofl:

8 Likes

Sadistic I like it.

5 Likes

I’m sorry Enzo
But I couldn’t do that. LR with Pistol and scope?
even w/ my metal infused arm? 100 yards>
Mmmmaybe
I’m a pretty good shot, But I 'm no Sniper.
With a Long Gun, Bi-or-Tri Pod, Give me an
hour to ‘Set-up’ ? all that Math, Nope no gonna happen
If a deer all of a sudden fell down close by it was probably
a Heart attack!
This brother is Awesome!

5 Likes

I know exactly 4 guys that have the skill and knowledge and can make that shot and 3 of them shoot rifles. He’s the ONLY one I know can do it with a Specialty Pistol.

Another buddy that kills me…. We were talking about shooting from non typical positions. I asked why would you, and he said in his world a perfect prone or sitting are not always possible. Also what happens if you’re incapacitated. I wanted more details…

He then sent me a video of him nailing a steel silhouette on the first shot (he doesn’t consider that a challenge) at 650 yards. That would not be unusual except….

He took his boot off and pressed the trigger with his freaking TOE WHILE looking through the scope of his rifle…

THAT is a shooter!

8 Likes

I knew this chick, My Girlfriend she was freakin’ awesome…could lay the rifle on her shoulder
facing behind her and with a mirror could hit the target ! Amazing…oh…um…wait a sec…

That was Annie Oakley in another incarnation (1875) We didn’t last as a couple, It was
a…wait for it!

“Shot in the dark!” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and she was too late! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:She gave love :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:a Bad Name, Bad name!

5 Likes

I have been wanting to get into long range shooting for awhile now. The farthest I have ever shot is 200 yards. Though a month or so ago after sighting in a new 1x prism scope on my 300blk pistol I was able to hit a man sized steel silhouette at 200 yards. Though my elbows were on the bench and the buffer tube was against my cheek. No idea where on the target I was hitting with that 1x prism but the sound of lead hitting steel was nice:)

Also recently was given the opportunity to shoot a Ruger Precision rifle in 6mm PRC. It had a high end Leopold 25x scope and I cold not miss with it at 200 yards even on the small steel spinners in breezy conditions. Would love to try that setup at some real distances.

4 Likes