Eric Swalwell suggests red flag laws should be used against 'lunatic' Ben

5 Likes

Eric why is Ben Shapiro a lunatic because he tells the truth? Because he’s got you all figured out and wrapped you up with a Bow and handed you your ample butt on a silver tray? Awe poor little cry baby.

5 Likes

As he once said, “Does it look like I want to fight?”

“The last time I was in a fight. I was like “freakin” fourteen and, I got my butt whipped!” (Shapiro, Ben 2018, HarperCollins Publishers)

They’re always after him because he has facts for their feelings.

6 Likes

And this goes to the very heart of the left’s push for more and more gun control. It isn’t about safety, it isn’t about mass shootings, it isn’t about the schools. None of that truly matters to them. Those are merely convenient, heart tugging, fear mongering talking points, as evidenced by the complete ineffectiveness of their proposals.

However, it really is all about the children. It’s about your children, my children, and all the other children who were unlucky enough to be born into families and social groups and regional demographics which do not agree with the left’s ideology. It isn’t about their own children. Their own children have been blessed by greater powers to be born to enlightened, advanced parents who know what’s best for all of us, so their own children are already at least two steps ahead of all the rest.

The far left leadership understands that the best way of achieving their goal to remake people and societies and nations into their vision of utopia is to indoctrinate the next generation. They do this by denying reality, by censoring history, by denigrating and vilifying anyone and anything which disagrees with or disproves their vision. They see “us” as too stupid, too ignorant, and too hard-hearted to understand the wonderful superiority of their views. They want to save our children from us.

This is why, no matter what they say, their gun control schemes have nothing to do with common sense. It isn’t about safety (except their own), or security (except their own), or law and order (except their own), or freedom (except their own), or the children (except their own). It is about controlling people, specifically those people who disagree with them, and who stand up to them, and who work against them, and those who even simply ignore them.

The best way to achieve their goals is to indoctrinate the next generation, through the schools, the media, and entertainment. In order to do that on a national scale they isolate their detractors and to completely remove the last, best means of resisting them. Freedom frightens them, but conformity is a comfort.

6 Likes

so… I’m not sure who Jason Campbell is - but he’s really done a fine job of quoting Ben Shapiro out of context to make him look like he’s advocating violence, when he isn’t.

And Eric Swalwell seems to be quite content to up the ante and run with it.

The tweet, with both distortions in it:

The actual quote:

And Eric Swallwell is demonstrating EXACTLY the behavior that makes most of us fear about how red flag laws will be used. Nice work Eric, you’re the poster child for why we need to Just Say No to Red Flag Laws.

13 Likes

And Swalwell threatened to nuke Americans on American soil. But, we need red flag laws for all of us crazy gun owners. Whatever.

7 Likes

A common thread I see is (ironically) a lack of empathy.

They think that you (a law-abiding, peaceful gun-owner) would go buck-wild Yosemite Sam crazy and shoot everyone who looks at you funny, and I think that it is because that’s what they would do in that situation (see Swalwell’s “nuke 'em” comments). They don’t have the empathy to see the other side of the coin in the millions upon millions of gun owners who go about their day, every day, peacefully and NOT shooting people at random.

5 Likes

5 Likes

“President” Eric Swalwell annoys me! He seems so unlikable, I don’t know how he got the votes to be in the house of representatives. No One Likes You, Eric Swalwell

I listened to this podcast on Saturday. Ben makes very good points. I share his concerns about government over reach. Beto O’Rourke and the others seem to be getting more and more extreme. Strip away tax exemptions from Churches because of a long held Biblical belief (Not hate by the way - there is right, and there is wrong, simple as that)? Crazy. I believe that Ben is right that the tax exemption removal would be a precursor to shutting churches down, just like they are trying to do to the flower shops, bakeries, and other businesses.

3 Likes

Sometimes you don’t have be liked, you just have to hate the same people your constituents hate, and indicate you’ll act on your constituents’ desire to punish, limit, or persecute them.

4 Likes

Adding to my own comment :slight_smile:

https://www.gunnewsusa.com/2019/10/13/3-of-the-most-common-prejudices-about-gun-owners-in-america/

1. All Gun Owners are Extreme Conservatives
  2. Possessing a Gun Indicates Violent Behavior
  3. Gun Owners Are More Likely to Be Racist than Those Who Do Not Own Guns
2 Likes

These people get elected because it’s such a small voter base that votes them in. They stay with their friends in safe spaces. Because facts are scary and feelings make us feel good.

@45IPAC. I thought this name looked familiar. He seemed very comfortable with the idea of using nuclear weapons on American citizens on American soil

4 Likes

Mr bold without being bold aka Duke Nuke’m needs to just sit down and be quiet. He was talking defcon 1 full nuclear assault to confiscate or else. So who’s the lunatic?

3 Likes

HUH? Well, no it doesn’t improve the conversation, I just wondered who had the 3 descriptions of gun owners.

1 Like

He didn’t, he’s just a member of the house. Winning a heavily blue house district doesn’t take much more than a pulse and a D by your name.

5 Likes

Mr. Swalwell is a character… We don’t trust characters. I think he said something about wanting to nuke gun owners who didn’t cooperate with his legislation. It’s disturbing that he is a politician. Ben has a point… Is it hyperbolic? Judge for yourself. :v:t5:

2 Likes

This reveals the Left’s true agenda. They want to pass these Red Flag laws, then classify all gun owners as lunatics, allowing large scale confiscation.
However, in many states, the police will simply refuse to confiscate weapons because they know that the laws are unconstitutional. Should make for an interesting time.

2 Likes

I haven’t read too many stories about police refusing to take guns. Alot of stories about police shooting people during these red flag raids tho

3 Likes

Some folks here in Missouri, including this fellow running for office, are getting it much closer to right:

4 Likes

Not quite all of us. A select few of the elites and their private security will always make sure they are not among those who are debarred of the right to own and bear.

1 Like