Eric Swalwell Reveals Gun Control’s Real Goal…Again

U.S. Congressman Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) might be gunning to outdo President Barack Obama’s “best gun salesman” title. That’s right. He’s at it again, reminding every law-abiding gun owner and potential voter what’s truly at stake in the next election.

Rep. Swalwell reiterated his threat of mass gun confiscation this week. He aired this threat on ABC’s “The View,” couching it as a mandatory “buyback” that would strip the more than 16 million modern sporting rifles from legal ownership should he be elected president.

“Ban and buy back every single assault weapon in America. I’m the only candidate calling for that,” Swalwell told the approving panel. He cited shootings, none of which were committed with the rifle he’s set his sights on.

This isn’t a slip. Rep. Swalwell is openly embracing disarming American citizens and denying them their constitutional rights.

It’s not the first time he’s made blatantly unconstitutional threats to deny American’s their right to keep and bear arms. He first floated the idea in April, but added the threat of jail for those who would oppose the measure and not “voluntarily” submit to his mass confiscation plan. He offered a caveat, in what could only be surmised as his idea of a concession. He said gun owners could keep modern sporting rifles if they were stored and locked at a hunting club or shooting range.

Other Democratic candidates for the White House have embraced federal gun licensing schemes, compulsory registration and bans on future purchases of modern sporting rifles. U.S. Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), for example, supports a federal gun ownership licensing plan. Sen. Bernie Sander (I-Vt.) said the United States should follow New Zealand’s lead and embark on gun confiscation.

Rep. Swalwell is just the most honest about his true intentions. His true goal isn’t to prevent the criminal misuse of firearms. This sitting U.S. Congressmen is calling for unilaterally confiscating firearms from law-abiding citizens.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/06/ttag-contributor/eric-swalwell-reveals-gun-controls-real-goal-again/

Rep. Swalwell can’t do it. Because he’d first have to abolish the 2A. And that would mean that congress would have to pass a law first. Them 38 states WOULD HAVE TO RATIFY IT FOR IT TO BECOME LAW. AND THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

JPFO1

4 Likes

I knew I’ve heard that name before.

1 Like

His odds of winning the nomination, let alone the election, are about the same as me winning the $500M Megamillions jackpot tonight. :wink:

Mike

2 Likes

I hate to say it but this kind of stupidity makes me shake my head and wonder who the ID 10 T people were that elected someone like this in the first place

3 Likes

The same people who are chasing the glass of A I R or the batteries for the sound powered phone.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that Swalwell is generally considered to be a centrist/moderate democrat.

Personally I’m happy to see them all taking a hard left and diving off the gun control cliff. Doing so going into 2020 it’s just that much less likely any of them will get elected.

5 Likes

Swalwell is a moderate Democrat except when it comes to gun control, he takes an extremist stance such as banning semi-auto rifles and then a confiscation, he called it a mandatory buy-back, same thing. He’s also said when he’s done with semi-auto rifles, he’s going after handguns. He’s a complete lunatic, I’m happy to see him make gun control the central theme of his campaign, right now he’s having serious issues getting campaign donations. Keep going Eric, you just blew any chance for the presidency.

4 Likes