EDC Pistols - Stock or Custom?

Did you check out new FIRE FLY SIGHT SYSTEM. ?
:us:

3 Likes

Just tried to help. If that made you LOL THATS GOOD.
:us::us:

2 Likes

Yes, I do like the looks of them and the price. My HK P30 sights glow almost as long with direct light. Too bad they don’t sell them on Amazon, I have a huge gift card😉

3 Likes

Great point @AL34! Glad you commented on this as I’ve too heard of similar situations. Only other thing I’d throw in is that some states have minimum requirements for carry ammunition on (fps) for it to be justified too.

4 Likes

I watched a video on the new fire fly system and I liked them. Some people think otherwise. I’m not going to get them because I constantly practice point and blind shooting. Practice makes perfect. I can hit a tomato can every time from the hip @ about 15 feet. Years ago one of my shooting buddies and I were shooting in a sand pit. We were shooting cans form the hip and a few kids riding bikes came into the sand pit to watch. My friend and I fired 10 consecutive shots and hopped up a tuna can without missing one shot. The kids rode away without one word. I shoot a lot because I enjoy it. If I told you what we could do with rifles you would not believe it. I doesn’t mean I can do this & I can do that it means you can do almost anything with practice, Even hitting targets without sites day or night. :us:

4 Likes

One thing that puts me off about the Firefly rear sight is that it has to be removed to change the color of the insert.

3 Likes

Yes…45 feet… Something went wrong with my keyboard… :joy:

45’

6 Likes

One of my philosophies regarding firearms is, “Don’t get fancy.”, and it goes along with, “Don’t become a legend in your own mind.”. Before you start to make changes to any firearm, you’d better check your warranty, and this includes the ammo you put through it. If your gun is damaged from reloads, you’ve probably voided any responsibility the maker has - if you have to send it back, you’re facing some pointed questions a la Judge Judy. Cosmetic changes - grips or sights - are just that, and don’t change the functioning of any particular gun. When I see all these Rube Goldberg gimmicks, I can only shake my head, although laser sights could be a useful aid for home defense.

5 Likes

Valid point I forgot about that being a warranty issue. Seems like the way ammo is priced now we may see alot more voided warranties.

5 Likes

Only mod I made was put a Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves on my compact 1911.
Otherwise, stock on all four I intend to carry (only licensed to carry two at this time).

7 Likes

Not sure what you mean by that. I do agree if you make changes that make the gun unsafe, you might be more liable for a ND, or injury if your gun injures someone at the range…

3 Likes

California?

4 Likes

Yep. Max 3.

5 Likes

Thought so. A good friend in OC showed me the back of his card with each allowed firearm.

Here in NM, we’re permitted by max caliber and type (revolver/auto), each listed on our card. You can have both, but must qualify accordingly. For example, if you qualify with a 9mm, you can carry a .32, but you can’t carry a .45.

3 Likes

It helped and I thank you sir but as you said they do seems to be very bright.

3 Likes

Legal Liability for Carry Gun Modifications

@Alces_Americanus @Fred_G Interesting information online from an Attorney about EDC modifications, along with a video online also. @G.Washington I think this will answer the question we were talking about take a look.

By Attorney Andrew Branca / February 19, 2020

Can Gun Modifications Be Used Against Me in Court?
Any time anyone asks me “can X be used against me in court,” regardless of what “X” might be, my answer is always “Yes.” That’s because prosecutors have incredibly broad discretion in what they are allowed to argue in court.

It’s true that your defense attorney may be able to convince the trial judge to prohibit a prosecutor from arguing about one issue or another, in which case that issue is no longer available as a legal weapon with which the prosecutor can attack you.

But that decision itself is left to the broad discretion of the trial judge, and you never really know how they’ll rule, allowing the prosecution’s argument, or prohibiting it, until you’re already looking down the barrel of a trial. As a result, we have to be prepared now for that decision to go against us then

YouTube Video Carrying a Modified Hand Gun

YouTube Video from USCCA on Can I Modify My Firearm Gun?: Ask An Attorney

YouTube Video Is it Legal To Modify The Trigger Of My Firearm U.S. LawShield

3 Likes

It’s intent to make war. Or make it seem like you are doing something wrong.
We’re talking about things that they can use to make you look bad. That can also
Include a big Beautiful nasty hollowpoint or segmented bullet ( remember Gets on the subway with the black talon BULLETS ) that were actually banned. Even shooting a perp. in the head is a no no. My friend has a couple of staters he hangs
With and that’s what they tell him.

It gets worse even forensic examination for angle of projectile entry into the body IE : side or or back bullet entry no no.
Not what I think it’s what I’m told 2nd hand from the fuss. :us::us:

4 Likes

@Craig6 Hi Craig if you get a chance take look at a new topic I put out there, it’s under the Concealed Carry catagory, title Legal Liability for Carry Gun Modifications, I think you might get a kick out of it. Have a good one. Al

3 Likes

@BeanCounter In some states you can carry as many guns as you can conceal. A ret. FBI friend of mine used to help with classes and one of the things he would enjoy doing is have the class try and guess how many guns he was carrying on him at the time, he would always have anywhere from 18 to 20 on him (unloaded), then when people would say 4 or 5 he shows the class each one, should have seen the looks on there faces :open_mouth:

4 Likes

That could get you no matter the gun modifications… I will have to look into they guy with the ‘black talons’.

5 Likes