EDC Knife Opinion Wanted

I don’t know much about it, but I too recently acquired a blade made out of that same steel. I hope it’s good, cause I paid good money. Guess we’ll both find out soon. Mine isn’t an EDC blade though. I prefer S30V for that kind of thing.

1 Like

I’m looking for a special box to store them in I saw a video on YouTube by Talon Sei and he has his collection in a cool looking box.

Regarding the D2 steel I pay no attention to the number. But I use and old fashion sharpening stone or one my wife keeps in the kitchen with 4 different blade size slots. It works for me and my knives stay sharp.

1 Like

Nice collection @johnnyq60

1 Like

Thanks @ScottH I only laid out a few of them. I’m looking to get a box to store them doing some searching now. BTW God bless you brother.

1 Like

You must have some collection @Johnnyq60! :slight_smile: I have 2 Hogue’s and a Kershaw. I have a bigger fixed blade Colt from a long long time ago that I’ve always kept and barely used. It’s good to have a nice knife.

2 Likes

No I just have about 15 but I’m going to purchase more and just wanted a nice place to store them.

2 Likes

You got some great answers already. D2 is decent steel; sharpens quick, rusts if neglected badly, and doesn’t hold an edge terribly well when compared to high grade knife steels. But on the lower end of “good steel,” there are a lot of good value knives made of D2 tool steel. It’s pretty common. Here’s my 2020 EDC knife. I’ve been carrying Kershaw Leeks as a pocket knife for the past decade, but 2020 has convinced me to up my game a bit. This is a Cold Steel Ti-Lite 4" in S35VN and 7075 milled aluminum handles. Not for novices!

3 Likes

Nice looking knife @Ken38 I like it. :+1:

2 Likes

Still it is nice to have legal options with EDC knives. For example a auto or assisted knife in California is a lot different than a Texas one. Care to guess which one in California compliant?

2 Likes

@Robert5, I’m not sure but I’m going to take a stab at it, no fun intended, the bigger one. :thinking:

1 Like

That’s my EDC knife set up but admittedly I may carry more depending.

1 Like

The small one is legal under state law in California. I was surprised but sure enough you can have a auto knife as long as the blade is 2 inches or less. In Texas there are no restrictions on a knife with a blade 5.5 inches or less. By statute a Push button or butterfly knife 5.5 inches or less is legal in Texas. Several other states have similar rules as well.

1 Like

Kershaw Blur KS1670BLKST. Hard stainless blade. Hard coating. Spring assist. Excellent Grip.
Reasonably priced.

1 Like

My Kershaw Emerson which I purchased from the USCCA with the logo on it.

2 Likes

Interesting…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oWTjttz6Vw

Been considering another purchase…

1 Like

I like my KA Bar TDI, bought an aftermarket kydex sheath that lets me carry horizontally on my belt.

1 Like

My Emerson from USCCA

1 Like

CRKT Ruger EDC Tanto blade. I love it. Solid chunk of metal.

1 Like

I must say that I’m really digging my new EDC Benchmade Presidio II.

2 Likes