Eat more Meat.!

A good vid to show those who want us to only eat our veggies and crickets. :thinking:

2 Likes

There is a couple of misrepresentations in this clip.

There is no evidence of prehistoric man using clubs as weapons. First examples of weaponised clubs are more like warhammers, I bet prehistoric man didnt use plain stick either.

This author seems to be anti-salad. Prehistoric man hasnt been a pure predator, but he fed opportunistically, to minimize energy spent on getting the calories. Think what eadibles a hunter-gatherer comes across.

2 Likes

We aren’t carnivores, we’re omnivores

2 Likes

I’m sure you are an accomplished Paleontologist and woodsman so we will go with that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s stating the obvious but… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve always said I may have been born an omnivore but I lean heavily to the carnivore side :yum::yum:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, people and even certain animals eat whatever they can find, that does not make that the ideal diet. There is good science suggesting eating more meat is healthier for us that more veggies. That does not mean we should exclude veggies, nuts, etc., from our diets, only that a diet higher in meat is a better diet.

1 Like

Does that include Impossible Meat? :thinking::grinning:

1 Like

No, I do not believe that was food back then, and I don’t believe it is food now… :sunglasses: I believe Crocodile Dundee said something related to that, you can eat it, but it tastes like s***. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Someone shared this video. He’s one of the few people I trust so I watched it in its entirety, all 55 minutes of it.

3 Likes

Cliff Note version?

2 Likes

I specialize in food. As a chef I have to say food should be balanced. Too much of anything is not good for you. Clean unadulterated meat like venison and salmon is the best. Home grown or raised cattle, lamb. and chickens are also the best. Growing your own food, like tomatoes, zucchini, squash, you can taste the difference than the stuff you get at the store.
Things like these are what makes the best meals. I have ground my own flour to make my own bread and you can taste the difference. If you put garbage in yourself your going to feel like garbage.

6 Likes

I like my bread with mayonnaise or miracle whip on one and mayonnaise or miracle whip and mustard on the other; I like romaine lettuce or arugula, or spinach and one large slice of tomato as well, but if there is no MEAT, you can put it all back and closed the fridge.

5 Likes

He stated that in his personal life and his practice that he has found eating right and losing weight helps you a lot, both mentally and physically. He does not believe in vegan/vegetarian, but is not suggesting keto or paleo, just eating natural, more meat and avoiding processed foods.

He performs joint replacements, but has found that getting people to eat healthy, even without losing weight helps them, and that sometimes just losing the weight alleviates the problems. He would prefer they lose weight first, prior to surgery, as there are far more complications after surgery when the patient is overweight.

He believes in helping the patient become healthier, rather than carving them up, but will do the surgery when necessary.

There’s a lot more that he went into, such as regarding the diets that are recommended by our government, and how these diets are/were pushed by certain groups and corporations.

He apparently has studied these issues quite a bit and is very knowledgeable. A good amount of what he stated about diets I knew or knew a bit about, but it hits like a tsunami when you get it all at once like that, even knowing as much as I do on the subject. I have read about diet, health, nutrition and the history of food, studies on diets, etc., and the revelations are quite shocking the first time you learn about it.

6 Likes

It has valid points all along the way. I cut out quite a few things and have learned and experienced that once they’ve been eliminated, my weight has reduced.

My personal preference is: I like meat. I have, however, changed how I prepare meat, and the type that I ingest, as well as the portion and proximity.

4 Likes

My brother is a very good hunter and fisherman, and has a large property that supplies much of his protien. The wild salmon is unlike what you can buy in the store and the deer meat is great. I will eat that meat any chance I get over farmed meat. It’s organic, natural and infinitely more humane than any kind of farming could ever be. The only problem is, there are too many people and not enough land for most people to live like he does. For the rest of the people, we need farms.

6 Likes