Does USCCA Sponsor trainers?

My son is a former National Guardsman and is in college. He sees an opportunity to educate people on the college campus about the 2nd amendment and firearms. Does USCCA Sponsor college students or former military persons to become trainers?

6 Likes

Your best source for that information would be directly with the USCCA. Best wishes for you, and all connected with your future endeavors. Contact them today at 800-674-9779. Hope this helps you. God bless.

6 Likes

Sounds like a great endeavor. Good luck to him.

2 Likes

There are USCCA certified trainers and the USCCA does have several courses those certified instructors can give.

I don’t think the instructor role and the courses are “educate people on the college campus” but the knowledge and experience gained by going through the certification process and getting hands on training experience would surely help.

Even just being a member and spending time watching the Protector Academy content on their website would be beneficial, or heck even just the free YouTube content.

If my internetting skills are working, I think you can put a city or zip code into this box to search courses near a location…and by clicking see all courses you can sort by type and view just the certification courses

https://academy.usconcealedcarry.com/search?

2 Likes

Reading between the lines, I think @MICHAEL479 is asking if USCCA would support his son by giving him CCHDF Instructor class for free.
That said, @Nathan57 is right, there are several good mini-classes (which are actually single modules from the full CCHDF course) that his son could teach on campus (no shooting or gun handling needed) quite effectively.
That would be a great way to share solid firearms knowledge to the college age crowd.

In the meantime, his son could invite a current instructor to give a few mini classes on campus. Many of us like to give those for free as a way to log student count and possibly get full course students.

3 Likes

@MICHAEL479 Not sure about this, and sounds like a great opportunity, but he should (IMO) check with the college campus authorities to see if such curriculum may be allowed, and under what guidelines to follow if allowed. Don’t know if your son is a USCCA member, and if not, it’s a good idea to join.

I can’t speak to what the USCCA will do. But if you aren’t getting any traction with the Administration of your College. Maybe check to see if your College has a pre-existing Conservative group and ask them if you could come in and be a speaker at one of their events.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone that has replied. Unfortunately, he is in the liberal state of Washington. USCCA does not offer coverages in the State of Washington. Even if the offer sponsorships, it is unlikely that they will sponsor him due to the State that he resides in. But I have encouraged him to check other organizations that might such as GOA or the NRA. The college does have a conservative group and it does have a gun club.

2 Likes

And USCCA cannot sell him a membership there because the Insurance Commissioner would come down hard on USCCA. However, if he is a legal resident of a different state, and only in WA because of school, he could join USCCA in his home state, being sure to use his address in that state on all paperwork.

Then as suggested above, that is the right group to join and ask them to sponsor firearm familiarization, self defense and Second Amendment seminars or classes. THere are firearms instructors in WA, so he might find one of the willing to do the semiars on those topics

1 Like