Does anyone remember Benghazi?

For those that do not know this, I am the Outside Sales Manager here in Florida, and attend a lot of great training courses in my great state. I wanted to reach out and let everyone in Florida( and surrounding states) know I will be at a class tomorrow (8/10/2019) at Veritas Tactical at 1:00 in Orlando. It is a gunshot wound stop the bleed course taught by Dave “Boon” Benton, one of the heroes who protected the CIA Annex in Benghazi, in which the movie 13 Hours was based on. Dave is a great guy, knowledgeable guy and super approachable which is part of why I LOVE going to his classes. We all prepare for how to defend ourselves with our firearms, but what happens if we get shot in the process or someone around us gets shot. I think about the shooting last week in Texas and how if I was there I could have maybe stopped the shooter with my weapon and training but could I have stopped the bleeding of one of the victims? If anyone is interested in attending, please let me know!!

3 Likes

Will Tanto be there as well?

Just Boon at this one

1 Like

Just got back from the class. It was a great one!!!
IF anyone is interested in getting information on classes that are taught by Boon or Tanto please let me know.

Interesting. I have considered taking a class like this. Most of the ranges I shoot at are not exactly close to a hospital, so I think I will look into one.

I highly recommend this training! I went through such a course at our ranges and they brought in a team of LE, fire, and former military (with recent sand box time) to teach the latest in medical technology for gun shot wounds. I learned a lot, as the military has changed their methods of using a TQ from years ago. In summary: “It’s a lot easier to keep the stuff [blood] in than to try to put it back in.”

1 Like