Do you refrain from posting your true opinions online because you fear being banned?

While I do try to be reflective and cognizant of others feelings what I say and post are my actual thoughts and beliefs. I never expect anyone to agree with me. I never expect validation for my point of view. If I disagree with you I try to be respectful of your point of view and you’re right to it.

9 Likes

SAME HERE ,I PRACTICE MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH,always have1

3 Likes

Random thoughts.

Restraint and self control are virtues. No matter what any Disney princess says, “let it go” and throwing off all restraint is rarely appropriate.

My opinions don’t matter much. If I have to fight someone on an online forum to express them, it’s probably not worth it.

I have better things to do with my time than to vomit too many words on an Internet forum.

Yet here I am. :grimacing:

The zealous exchange of thoughts and opinions can be a positive thing. It can be a personal growth experience.

Adults should be able to disagree and still be friends. Our country is losing or has lost this, unfortunately.

If everyone on this forum agrees with everything I say, my presence here is redundant. I’ve watched enough posts from guys on this forum that I expect to be called out if someone disagrees with me. That is an opportunity for me to learn something and see things from different angles. If my thoughts are too weak to withstand a challenge, they aren’t worth expressing.

If no one ever disagrees with me or challenges my thinking I’m probably wasting my time here.

My goal here isn’t to change anyone’s mind. My goals are to learn and, if possible, help someone else learn.

I don’t feel the need to challenge everything I disagree with. As one of my former bosses used to say, “you can disagree with me. Everyone has a right to be wrong.” He meant it seriously. I’m being facetious.

This post is already too long and someone should call me out for it!

5 Likes

Unfortunately, there are lots of folks in this world who believe in hateful, racist, violent things and utterly bogus conspiracy theories. They can dominate social media threads and hide behind twisted views of “free speech.” How the world should address this disgusting drivel emanating from keyboard warriors living in the mom’s basement is an open question.

4 Likes

Land of the free and home of the brave.

7 Likes

In general, I will never post anything I would not say directly to someone’s face.
I am always an open book, and have no qualms about expressing my feelings about any subject.
In real life situations, people have been initially offended by some things I have said, but in retrospect learned from it or at least understood where I was coming from.
And at the end of the day, if someone is offended by anything I have said, too bad for them, because I do not go out to insult people or be mean. I simply call things as I see them.
Had some pretty lively discussions on some video game forums I used to haunt back when I played those games :laughing:
And never got banned.

8 Likes

6 Likes

being “banned” doesn’t scare me. Being chased into an abandoned windmill by angry villagers with torches and pitchforks…that’s different.

8 Likes

The rub is that, for many, if you disagree with them…their solution is to use the government to force you

So I have mixed feelings about the “it’s just an opinion” or “it’s okay to disagree” when the opposing opinion, that disagrees, wants to put me and mine in prison for 10 years as a direct result of the disagreement

10 Likes

Unfortunately I have to keep a lid on it.Ill wind up on a government watch list.I would get banned for sure from here if i answered some of my replies with the candor they deserve.

3 Likes