Do You Prefer Double Stack or Single Stack?

Sasquatch unite!

4 Likes

Double Stack for me. The more capacity the better. :grinning::smiley:

2 Likes

Personally I prefer single stack mags for concealed carry. I carry one to two spare magazines along with my 1911 (depending on if Iā€™m wearing IWB or OWB) and if I canā€™t stop whatever is coming at me with 20+rounds then I have much bigger problems.

4 Likes

When they now make double stacks that are darn near too small why wouldnā€™t you go with a double? Talking about you P365.

2 Likes

I prefer double stack, but I have and use both.

2 Likes

My answer is YES.

1 Like

As I said above, I prefer single stack for concealed carry; however, you donā€™t have to make that choice with a 1911. You only have to choose how many spare mags to carry! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Moā€™ Better Blues or Rounds

1 Like

For me it depends on where Iā€™m going, reason Iā€™m going there, or the time of day Iā€™m going.

2 Likes

Depends. When circumstances make make a double stack challenging to conceal without drawing unwanted attention, then you go with single stacks and something like an M&P Shield or RM380.

The one item that changes the game in favor of a double stack most of the time for me is the Sig Sauer P365 XL chambered in 9 mm. The flush fit magazine holds 12 in a double stack configuration that is much narrower that any others I have used. The gun has a narrow body to match and is much easier to conceal than your average double stack compact. You can also get a 15 round extended magazine. However, getting the 15th round in is challenging. Donā€™t try a speed loader because the beak will crimp the last round or twoā€™s casing.

2 Likes

Single stack for carry, otherwise double

3 Likes

Double stack. 13+1, because thatā€™s what the pistol carries that fits my hand perfectly and provides a sure, consistent, locked-in grip whenever I grab it. With 2 spare mags, of course.

2 Likes

I prefer double stacks. Might sound a bit crazy but in this crazy world today, I always fear not having enough rounds in my gun or on my person. My wife gives me a hard time about it, saying I should only need a few rounds and thatā€™s it. Iā€™m not looking for a war to break out or anything, but something just tells me to be prepared for something I normally wouldnā€™t be. So I always have my double stack fully loaded and 3 clips on me at all times. Iā€™d rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

2 Likes

@Billy7 Well one or two or three would normally carry you until the police arrive, but if another patrol car is out a couple minutes more then you donā€™t need to run short. My best friend now for 55 years was an Illinois State Trooper and for many years had a Colt Python and a single speed loader. Maybe heā€™s lucky but for his 20 years up and down the highway he never had to draw one time except for yearly requalification. He double dipped at US Marshals and never had to draw and used a semiautomatic but now police have semiautomatic sidearms. No more revolvers now. So what Iā€™m ending with is that you never know especially with budgetary cuts.

3 Likes

You can never go wrong with enough. Criminals donā€™t plan on playing fair why should we. Look at the the weapons confiscated during a police raid or bust. 6, 7, 8, 9, or even 10 rounds compared to a criminals 20, 30, 50, 100 rounds! Which would you perfer?

3 Likes

Single stack for IWB carry as it is more comfortable and less printing through shirts. Double stack for capacity with OWB carry but tends to be bulkier and prints a little bit more. Double while at the range alsoā€¦ get to fire more rounds of course. Most importantlyā€¦it all depends on the day and how Iā€™m feeling and which one I want to carry for the day.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been in a situation and thought to myself. ā€œSelf I wish I didnā€™t this much ammo leftā€.

3 Likes

@Earnest I can tell you unequivocally, indisputably most neighborhoods in the South, West, and East sides of here in Chicago have more guns including fully automatic than a well stocked gun store. Iā€™m originally from the south side of Chicago what the Crypts and Bloods have renamed The High Hundreds, my old neighborhood is Crypt country and thereā€™s more guns, ammo and supplies that would be jaw dropping to most people. I was back in the old neighborhood in February 2016 got shot by a Latin King lost my left index finger but I was able to save my life.

2 Likes

Small hands. I like the single stack. Glock 42. I own the 19 and the 26. But have trouble reaching the mag release without moving my hand over

1 Like

There are actually some very fine double stack 1911ā€™s out there. :grinning:

5 Likes