Do You Prefer Double Stack or Single Stack?

It is just what you think it is… to limit the rights of legal gun owners. Because we know it doesn’t limit criminals.

Oh, wait, it’s also to let the legislators look like they’re doing something.

1 Like

That is the main purpose, I guess :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We use experts / instructors to control people’s IDs, permits, etc…
We use “:face_with_monocle: expersts :yawning_face:” to control people’s Freedom
What a !%#@ing nonsense :triumph:

2 Likes

Your mags are not illegal if you got them before the law went into effect or you bought them during the week that the Judge had ruled the law invalid. There have been cases I understand where people have been cited and had their magazines confiscated by cops/government agents who didn’t know what they were doing. The charges apparently were dropped but I don’t know if the magazines were ever returned.

2 Likes

As I just posted in another reply, if you got the mags before the law or during the week that the law was invalided and put on hold, they are not illegal. It hasn’t stopped some government agents from confiscating the magazines and bringing charges that have been dropped. I don’t know if the legal magazines were returned.

1 Like

I just saw an article suggesting that a “New York” reload is the most practical. If you have a jam or misfire, it’s much faster to move to a different firearm than to try to diagnose and fix the problem with the first on. If you shoot your magazine dry it might be as fast to change guns as to change magazines though that’s probably a toss up. I like what the conclusion was.

1 Like

Double stack.

Enough that I opted for a more expensive carbine that used double stack 9mm vs the one I was looking at single stack.

Whole point for a carbine was a bigger profile, better accuracy and control but still not a rifle… didnt make much sence to have a Magazine capacity less than most my other guns… even with the extended single stack mag length. Capacity was not there and it would be massive and expensive…

1 Like

… ok, I didn’t know the term. Ironic that it’s a New York reload when NYC makes it as hard as humanly possible to actually own or carry firearms.

The "New York reload was made famous by a New York Detective who was in a large number of shootouts and since revolvers were the thing at the time, he carried 2 revolvers.

3 Likes

I would argue that is inaccurate in most cases particularly with an experienced shooter.

The most common issue is a misfeed or failure for the breech to fully close and those can be cleared in less than a second.

2 Likes

Even Jerry Miculek claims he carries a pistol, not a revolver, as a primary carry gun.

1 Like

Is that the EMP. I have that one! NVM. I just saw the Kimber on it. looks a lot like mine

2 Likes

James, in Ventura County, they limit you to 5 guns on your permit. You have to qualify with each and they do not let you add any unless you are renewing your license. ( so every 2 years).

1 Like

Did they change that back?? Can we only carry a mag with 10 again. hard to keep up…

1 Like

It’s the Kimber Ultra CDP (LG). The LG stands for the Crimson Trace laser grips (in red) that come on it from the factory . I added the same grips (in green) to my older Kimber Pro CDP II. I’m very happy with my new CCW. Despite the only difference being a 3" barrel vs. a 4" barrel and the officers grip vs, the full-size grip, it feels much smaller and lighter. Here they are side by side:

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Do Kimbers Rust?

I have my old G19 on my permit and I have several of the old 15 round magazines but I really haven’t carried it. I would say you would need to check with the Sheriff’s office to see their position on legal larger than 10 magazines for your carry gun.

As I’ve said I routinely carry 2 guns with extra magazines for each. That pretty well guarantees that I’ll never get into a situation where I need to use my gun. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t carry my 19. too big for my hands lol

1 Like

I typically prefer a double stack, but I recently purchased a Jericho 941F in 9mm and that cannon is so big I have to shuffle it around in my hand to drop the mag and it is heavy. My hands are medium to large and I can’t even rest my trigger finger on the trigger guard. It is also single action only, so this one becomes a range only firearm and I’m back to my search for a DA/SA 9mm that is not striker fired.

1 Like

I have both double
And single stack so it just depends on which
Gun I’m carrying

2 Likes

Depends on several factors… The weather, my clothing, the destination, & how long I’ll be out. Overall, I think single stacks are more comfortable to carry & easier to conceal. :v:t5:

3 Likes