Do You Prefer Double Stack or Single Stack?

Even Jerry Miculek claims he carries a pistol, not a revolver, as a primary carry gun.

2 Likes

Is that the EMP. I have that one! NVM. I just saw the Kimber on it. looks a lot like mine

3 Likes

James, in Ventura County, they limit you to 5 guns on your permit. You have to qualify with each and they do not let you add any unless you are renewing your license. ( so every 2 years).

2 Likes

Did they change that back?? Can we only carry a mag with 10 again. hard to keep up…

2 Likes

It’s the Kimber Ultra CDP (LG). The LG stands for the Crimson Trace laser grips (in red) that come on it from the factory . I added the same grips (in green) to my older Kimber Pro CDP II. I’m very happy with my new CCW. Despite the only difference being a 3" barrel vs. a 4" barrel and the officers grip vs, the full-size grip, it feels much smaller and lighter. Here they are side by side:

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Do Kimbers Rust?

I have my old G19 on my permit and I have several of the old 15 round magazines but I really haven’t carried it. I would say you would need to check with the Sheriff’s office to see their position on legal larger than 10 magazines for your carry gun.

As I’ve said I routinely carry 2 guns with extra magazines for each. That pretty well guarantees that I’ll never get into a situation where I need to use my gun. :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t carry my 19. too big for my hands lol

2 Likes

I typically prefer a double stack, but I recently purchased a Jericho 941F in 9mm and that cannon is so big I have to shuffle it around in my hand to drop the mag and it is heavy. My hands are medium to large and I can’t even rest my trigger finger on the trigger guard. It is also single action only, so this one becomes a range only firearm and I’m back to my search for a DA/SA 9mm that is not striker fired.

2 Likes

I have both double
And single stack so it just depends on which
Gun I’m carrying

3 Likes

Depends on several factors… The weather, my clothing, the destination, & how long I’ll be out. Overall, I think single stacks are more comfortable to carry & easier to conceal. :v:t5:

5 Likes

No. Carry all you want long as they are concealed. I guess if its 3 pistols on your CCW then its three for those folks.

2 Likes

Hi Bulldog @bulldog ? I don’t get why people want more than 1 but I have heard of someone carrying 6 at one time. I don’t think there’s any restrictions on how many guns you are able to conceal carry here in Lincoln Land.

2 Likes

Depends on where you go. In patrol and as a detective I always had a concealed hammer snubby .38 in my left front pocket in a pocket holster and a Beretta 92F (Dept. Issue) as my main on my right. If you tried to take my Beretta from me-surprise!

4 Likes

Got you Bulldog, I understand. Well I saw that person that I had in mind, but she was not a police officer or any other type of federal, state, county, or city; I think she was just a little off. I was thinking if she’s that scared and there was nothing to do with any crazoid ex-boy or husband maybe instead of all the guns she needs a Clinician. Happy Weekend friend.

3 Likes

Belt-fed actually.

4 Likes

@Phil3 :laughing:
And do you carry that IWB or OWB? :smile:

2 Likes

I’m a paraplegic, so that’d be chair mounted. :grin:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Phil3, and excellent solution :+1:

1 Like

High Capacity Mag - Don’t have to Reload as quickly
But Double Stack Weapons always feel Bulky to Me