Do you know anyone? (Who was anti firearms and purchased a firearm recently?)

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

2 Likes

Let’s hope!

4 Likes

Yes I do, my Liberal neighbor [Karen] who also asked my wife to train her. My wife agreed in one condition “Take Bernie’s sticker off your car”. :joy::joy::joy:, deal was made.

6 Likes

Yes! It was a family affair for us. From November - June of this year, 4 of us took the concealed carry class, received our permits, purchased a gun and regularly practice shooting now. We did it because there is no reason to be unprotected in your own home. For me, I have not been “anti-gun” but I have always been afraid of them, and still am, or at the very least EXTREMELY cautious.

3 Likes

Although I was never “anti-gun” I did purchase my first firearm this year. The last time I shot a gun was over 15 years ago and was thinking about picking it back up and looked up the process to purchase. Then Covid hit and finding one to buy was a challenge. Then the riots started and it was next to impossible. I bought one and to be honest I don’t love it, but I can shoot it. I did go on to buy another that I like to bring to the range because it’s fun. My brother in law also bought his first handgun this year because of the riots, and my sister is learning to shoot because she’s scared that if something happened she wouldn’t be able to protect her kids. We live right in the middle of where the Minneapolis riots were.

4 Likes

Welcome your family to our family and god bless you all. Carry on.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community,train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that I am anti-firearm, but I hadn’t purchased one till recently, and I would be lying if I said current events hadn’t influenced my decision. As for why I hadn’t bought one earlier, the cost of it all is what kept me away. I saw what my friends spent on not just the guns, but also the ammo, holsters, etc. I already have a motorcycle and car hobby to throw money at, and I didn’t need another hole to throw money into; suffice it to say I was right, gun number one and all of its related accessories cost about $1000. Number two is somewhere around $800.

4 Likes

But, it prevents a drug habit. No money, no drugs. :grin:

4 Likes

I just know of gun owners who have bought more guns, and people who are now getting their concealed carry licenses. In Kenosha the day of the riots, I was told that people were lined up form the gun counters out the door buying any guns they could. I bet there were 1st time buys there.

3 Likes

Good for them and hopefully a lot more people join the ranks of responsibly armed citizens and get their CCW permits and join the USCCA. :+1::+1:

1 Like

True, but I already use a similar excuse for fuel I burn in the car and motorcycle. As I’m sure you would have guessed both are practically hybrids; with bad batteries and some sort of fuel leak :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, me.

I’m 72, USAF retired and have never really considered that I needed a firearm in the area where I live (small town, Shenandoah Valley, Virginia) until the past few months.

Managed to find a handgun that I like (S&W M&P 9mm Shield EZ M2.0) and have no issues with at all - except ammunition is a bit tight lately (!!!). Even so, I’ve got plenty (self-defense & “plinking”) to last as long as I could ever need it to last, and more than enough magazines to keep me occupied for awhile before I had to reload any of them.

First thing I did after buying the weapon was find a safety class - have now completed 3 different classes (safety, self-defense & legal) and I’m getting reasonably comfortable with a weapon at my side. Between the dry-fire laser cartridge and range time, I’ve actually gotten to the point that I’m hitting within 6" of center at 30’ better than 90% of the time. Not anywhere close to great, but reasonable (I think) for someone who is as new (5 months) to this as I am.

I just pray, like most people, I don’t ever have to actually put it all to the test.

7 Likes

@David_W1. AWESOME keep up the good work. Train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

2 Likes

I work part time in a gun store/range. Probably 60% or more of our pistol sales in the last 2 months have been to new owners who never owned one before. The largest percent site todays crazy world. i always encourage them to take an introduction to pistol course so they know how it works and how to maintain it and also how to hit the broadside of a barn. By the time they finish the class they are excited about the opportunity to shoot more times for fun. We have instituted Wend. and Sun. as lady’s day and it is fun to see them come to shoot free for lane use. It amazes me how many of these men and women in their 60’s or older, who have never held much less shot a pistol, have really gotten into the sport.

4 Likes

Cant wait to hear more!

2 Likes