Do you have more than 1 edc handgun? Why?

Thank you! :grinning:

5 Likes

I carry 1 EDC consistently now which is my M&P 9mm Shield Plus with Truglo sights. My home defense guns are M&P Sport 2 556 caliber and my pistol is 9mm 5” barrel M&P with an Inforce light.

9 Likes

That’s a nice trio you have there. Little bit of brand loyalty too. :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind, random curiosity somewhat related, what type of ammunition do you keep in that 5.56 for home defense? So many choices out there, so many of them being decent/good choices, I’m always curious to see which ones people actually go with

2 Likes

Many EDC Firearms. They do not make you better looking, stop aging, never sweet talk you or scream at you when you make a mistake. The Wife is a great
Master Bette Half to help you. and they are easier to learn from.

EDC’s come in many packages and the best EDC is the one that fits you and the service to protect and train.

The weather, humidity, snow, rain, a bad hot day or 6 feet of snow. It must fit you the best possible way and we are all different.

The fun part is to practice and train.

Thank you

5 Likes

EDCs are like underwear, even though no one sees it, it is good to have more than one :+1:

9 Likes

I have two.
P365X (bare bones) and a G43X (RMRcc and SA mags).
When it’s hot the P365X is at my side.
Colder weather calls for the G43X since I like to carry that at my 3:00 in a pancake holster.
Now, if you ask me how many holsters I have, well that’s a longer discussion.

5 Likes

I posted a wordy explainer on another thread. You’ve got variables like… short barrel or long(er) barrel? how much of a concern is over-penetration? likely engagement distance (across the room or across the field)? barrier-blind or not? fragmenting or expanding or tumbling?

I use 62gr 64gr Speer Gold Dots. Barrier-blind, expanding round. They also come in 75gr and 55gr flavors. These are fairly readily available and reasonably priced.

My other recommendation, especially for short barreled (pistol or SBR) ARs, AND you have a lot of concerns about over-penetration, is the Sierra Tipped Match King (TMK) loaded by Black Hills or Corbon (there may be others loading that projectile too). It’s a fragmenting round with a core that gets you sufficient penetration to reach vital parts.

For the full read, head here:

7 Likes

Happy Belated Anniversary my brother @John292

4 Likes

Great answer.

My current choice is the Federal Fusion 62gr 223 MSR which IIRC is the same construction as the Gold Dot.

I don’t suppose you know of a non-gunbroker place to get the 75gr flavor of Gold Dot…?

5 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

My various work and play habits often require carrying in different positions with different concealability limitations so I have two options for EDC, a micro 9 and a very micro .380 both with 10 or 12 round mags. Both function very similarly and I have put similar sights on them so going back and forth is pretty easy. When switching carry positions I make sure to do mental and physical practice to hopefully keep my hands from going to the wrong spot in a stressful situation.

4 Likes

I have 2. Essentially it is summer and not summer carry. Summer carry is a little easier to conceal in a tank and shorts.

5 Likes

I concur, I think the Fusion MSR round is a differently branded Gold Dot from everything I’ve seen online. It seems like the velocity on the MSR is a little higher (which is good). It is also readily available and reasonably priced.

I misspoke above I have the older 64gr Gold Dots which are replaced by the newer 62gr Gold Dots. I think they are effectively the same, but as I work through my current stash of 64gr instead of switching to the 62gr I may replace them all with the 75gr which seems to be more available (even pre-COVID)

I have seen the 75gr on sale here and there. SGAmmo and LuckyGunner both currently have 55gr Gold Dots. If I see something good like that I will usually post it in the POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where? thread. I try to keep in mind what I’ve seen others looking for as I see ammo deals from reputable stores even if they aren’t what I need.

Ammoseek shows it in stock in a few stores for $1.40-$1.60/rnd, but I’m not familiar with whether those stores are any good or not

4 Likes

hmm yeah those don’t appear to be retailers I would order from.

I’ll keep keeping an eye out for that 75gr gold dot. :+1:

4 Likes

Yes. Different clothes, different times of the year, different environments, etc. all play a part in the choice of carry. I do have a primary EDC that sees the most use but their are other options available as different situations call for different addressment, I.e., adjustable wrench, open end wrench, box end wrench, 6-pt, 12-pt, etc. All may work for a given size nut however, some may be better suited for the task at hand.

5 Likes

Texas too, brother! :wink:

4 Likes

Why?
Because I can !

7 Likes

I have three that fit the same holster but I carry the same one most of the time.

5 Likes

Same here, just one I’m most familiar with.
I renewed in January and now have three I can legally carry (California quirk).
I carried a SR9C for the last six years. I now carry a slimmer and smaller Shield 9 compact for the added option of pocket carry.

4 Likes
type or paste code here

4 Likes