Do you have enough ammo?

Scott, I that exact thought, and shared it with my anti-gun inlaws, they were apoplectic! Who knew the Second Amendment could be this much fun?

9 Likes

As long as they are uncomfortable enough to stay out of my house and out of my vehicles, I’m good with them knowing.

4 Likes

:laughing: Do let us know how many days of quarantine it takes for them to start to reconsider their plan :laughing:

7 Likes

No such thing as to much ammo, its like having to much money…There are exceptions of course ie; If your on fire or if you are drowning…well then you may have to much ammo on you.

4 Likes

You know you have too much ammo when you have no space to store your toilet paper.
You know you have too much ammo when the government uses the Defense Production Act to send a bid for your ammo.
You know you have too much ammo when the government is about to reinstate the gun buy back program and offers me 2 Trillion dollars for a box of ammo, now we’re talking.

3 Likes

Could I get a ruling on what is considered enough ammo? The safe hasn’t fallen through the floor, so it’s not enough that way of measuring it.

7 Likes

First part of my answer target ammo vs self defense ammo. When it really comes down to it ALL ammunition is self defense ammunition.

Second part, I have what I consider to be a fighting load out of ammunition always at the ready. That load out can change based on circumstances for EDC it’s one or two spare magazines.

Anything over what you have the magazine capacity for is just icing on the cake. For instance a co worker and I had this very conversation and he has triple the ammunition I have but only 2 magazines so I told him you don’t have X number of rounds you have 60. I’m not saying don’t have alot of ammunition but if you don’t have the magazines to load it you can’t really fight with it.

8 Likes

I’m a 45 guy, it’s all self defense ammo. Flying ashtrays, or “2 time World War Champion” ball ammo.

7 Likes

In that case let’s rephrase the question.
Do you have enough loaded magazines?
I totally agree 60 rounds on my person in magazines definitely beats a 1000 rounds in the safe.

5 Likes

Is there a such thing?

4 Likes

I will tell you all this. I use 21 wholesale distributors for my business and all are out of 380 acp. I ordered 4 boxes for one customer and had no issue. I got called by another customer within minutes and before I could click my mouse they were sold out. Another caliber that is pretty much gone is .40 S&W, a lot of weapons are sold out and all distributors are running behind in shipping. I never thought that a virus would hurt and or help my business.

5 Likes

You only need as much as you need. That being said, I don’t bulk buy ammo. I sorta wish I did after the shortage. I’d really feel fine with a 20rd box of HST. I’ve started grabbing a little more ammo here and there.

The good thing is criminals don’t like being shot at, so needing more than a
few rounds is highly unlikely, that being said, you only need as much as you need :man_shrugging:t2:. Never hurts to have more… or a lot.

2 Likes

I would like, at a minimum, 500 rounds per caliber. I think enough is having all magazines loaded with enough ammo to load them all once or twice more. :v:t5:

3 Likes

Then yes, I probably have enough.

1 Like

Got 200rds of that bigger 12.7x42mm, going to place an order for another 200…

Probably going to take the longest to built up 1000rds plus…

3 Likes

Personally I’m not comfortable talking about what I have, but I will say that when you reload, and you have buckets of brass, and other components, you don’t have to worry much about ammo. Be safe and make good decisions. :pray:t4:

7 Likes

@Paul1

That’s one of my criteria for buying a new gun. Does it fill a role or niche that I do not already have covered.

1-25 yards. Yep got it covered.
25-50 yards Yep got it covered.
50-200 yards. Yep got it covered.
200 yards + yep got that covered.
Car gun, pistol with rifle cartridge. Nope don’t have it covered so am planning on fixing that.
Anti material because the fit has hit the Shan. Nope going to cover that after car gun.

Hunting from bird to bear yep got it covered.

My fear is in a true EOTWAWKI. I know I am going to be outnumbered in virtually every conceivable situation. As it will just be me and wife. My wife will cover my six and reload mags for me so I will be able to hopefully convince whomever it is that we are more trouble than we are worth.

7 Likes

I think its also important to remember that your ammo pile, stockpile, arsenal, ammo fort, etc is not only for end-of-the-world scenarios.

We are all seeing it now, where ammo prices are through the roof if you can get it at all. This is why you stock up, for those times when you can’t. Those who have stocked up can continue to train while we wait for inventories to replenish and prices to come back down to normal.

And of course, you’ll have plenty for the literal & figurative zombie hordes :smiley:

5 Likes

@Harvey

Field and Stream was only store when I ammo’d back up who had everything I needed in stock and they were selling 2, 50 round boxes of .45 acp fmj for $10.00. So I bought them out of it. A total of 1800 rounds. I got one last good range day in before the current craziness and it’s already down to about 1200 rounds (cursed danged red dot) but also alot of ammo was working with my Glock 41 and training myself on my draw and speed.

Very different draw as it is actually my home defense gun and has a flashlight attachment, so that makes it far more vertical. But I feel that the extra 4 rounds and the longer more accurate barrel make up for the slight decrease in draw speed. With the number of mags I normally carry that’s an extra 20 rounds.

7 Likes

I DO NOT have anywhere near enough ammo! Does anyone know where I can find some 9mm? Everywhere I check online is out of stock (This is not sarcasm…unfortunately, I am serious)

7 Likes