Do You Fly the American Flag?

Just a note about my community of Canyon Lake, CA. This community has overwhelmingly supported the Donald Trump administration. We have had boat parades with DT flags, we have had golf cart parades with DT flags. This has been the case for the past 5 years. With this new housing boom, we have had an influx of Biden supporters and they have begun making their request known to ban flags, mind you this closed gate guarded community is vastly Republican with some Democrats. We have never had any issues flying flags in here. This new development from the Biden supporters, I don’t have a problem who you support, but we will not be told by the POA-HOA to no longer show flags. This Sunday, a resident asked to please show support for all flags. On the Canyon Lake exchange the response is already over a hundred cars, trucks, golf carts, etc. for residents to wave the RED WHITE and BLUE!
Thanks for reading and supporting our 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

4 Likes

@Jeff76 Trump Administration Supporter!!!
NO!!!
image image image

Yes, I absolutely fly the flag. Semper Fi

2 Likes

My stars and stripes never come down. Rain, sleet or snow. Day or Night. Old Glory flies!

4 Likes

I just moved my flagpole from where it was – centered above the garage – to the fascia just to the left of the garage entrance. This way, the flag won’t foul no matter what way the wind’s blowing from. In its original location, any easterly wind would throw the flag up onto the roof – hardly optimal.

Now, I fly it sunrise to sunset. Every day. Before, I could only fly it with west winds
 and where I am
 west winds are the exception, not the rule.

The guy across the street from me bought the house, with a flagpole already in the ground. Prior owner flew Old Glory 24x7. This new guy didn’t. Until a week ago. Suddenly there’s the flag again. Next time I see him I’ll have to say “Thank you, I missed seeing that flag”

More and more people in my 'hood are flying it. And one couple has the brass stones to fly the Betsy Ross. They got a big smile and honk and thumbs-up from me as I passed.

4 Likes

:us:
I had heard about how to best treat, post, and respect the flag. Out of a university in NY, came this list which I still learned some things from. I think you’ll enjoy it; It’s very respectful to “Old Glory”:

4 Likes

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America
that is the best and only sentence we should remember

3 Likes

Just ordered a flag. My last one was a bit rough looking.

3 Likes

I’m not sure General George Washington & patriots at day’s sunset dodging musket loads and cannon balls made haste at nightfall in taking down the flag in leu of any code. Only time old girl falls is long enough for her relief to rise.

3 Likes

The flag code is simply a commonly defined way of showing respect to the flag. There’s no penalty in the code if someone flies it differently. The worst you’ll get is an upset neighbor. It’s worth pointing out that some people deviate from the flag code out of ignorance or memory lapse, or because they want to seem more patriotic (i.e. wearing a flag). It’s a pretty small group of Americans who purposely show disrespect to the flag.

3 Likes

I fly our flag daily.

3 Likes

I find myself - very sadly - torn on this right now. I just moved to a new house, and I have a new flag ready to put up. But I haven’t yet. I served in both the Marine Corps and the National Guard, my father served in WWII, my brother in Vietnam, and many nephews in Desert Storm/War on Terror. I used to proudly show my patriotism everywhere I went.

But things are different now. This is not the country I once wrote a blank check for my life to. I don’t love what this country has become. Our Constitution has been trashed. The 10th Amendment says “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” In plain English it says that if the Constitution does not specifically say that the federal government has the power to do something, than it can’t do it. How is that going?

Critical race theory is being taught in our schools and our children are being told that if they are white they are evil, no questions asked. I could go on and on. The accusations that America is irredeemably rotten by systemic racism is not to be debated. The nation that once revered the Constitution and Declaration has turned from them, and they are now just words on paper. Sadly, I fear that we have long passed the point of no return. And so, I hesitate to fly a flag to support a country that is no longer one that I am proud of.

It sounds like you believe all that crap. If so you are lost. The people spewing all this crap are in the minority.
Put your Big Boy pants back on and join the fight to take OUR Country back. Fly your (OUR) flag. :us:

4 Likes

I sympathize with what you’re saying, but I can’t yet get on the “this is not my country” bandwagon. This is my country. There are a lot of people I share my country with, and many of them have seriously different visions for this country than I have. There are even some people that I wish would go find another country. :wink: I’m fairly sure this has been the case since the original colonies decided to form a union. Certainly, for all of my adult life, there are things I don’t like about our country that I’ve come to accept will not be changed. But for all it’s imperfections, it’s still my country.

Extreme example: there were a lot of Germans who despised the Nazis. They didn’t become less German, even when the Nazis started rounding them up and killing them. Perhaps there’s a point where they should have fled, but I don’t see us standing on the precipice, yet.

Less extreme example: my wife and I agree on very few things in our house, but we still share the same house. Unless she starts abusing the kids, it’ll stay that way.

Maybe you feel like we’ve crossed that point of no return, but before you give up on Old Glory, I recommend you take a vacation from social media and network news. You just moved into a new house. Go meet your neighbors. I’ll bet you find some good Americans, and maybe from different backgrounds, religions, and political biases. Maybe you’ll find a new shooting buddy. These relationships are what make communities strong. Fly the flag for the good things America has done and the good Americans who are still here. Fly it in spite of the bad stuff, too. Heck, I grew up near an Indian reservation, and they loved to fly the flag. Has the U.S. done you more wrong than it’s done them?
Don’t cede the pride you’ve earned to a bunch of politicians who crave power more than life itself.

4 Likes

No breeze today to show that I changed out my Navy flag for a Gadsden flag.

5 Likes

Yes, I do believe that critical race theory is being taught in our schools and our military. It is a fact. Yes, I do believe that our nation’s leaders are constantly spewing on about what a systemically racist country this is. I have heard them. No, I do not believe it is though. And yes, it is a fact that our constitution is constantly being trampled on. Because this is a gun forum, most here are focused on the 2nd Amendment, but there are far more of them being trashed. If you can’t see this then you are the one that needs to open your eyes. You say to “join the fight to take our country back” - what does that fight look like? What are your suggestions that we can do?

1 Like

I moved into some land in “the country” so I actually only have one neighbor, but they are indeed good people. And I agree - on the individual level most of the people in this country are great people. They (we) are not the evil racists as our current leadership would have us believe.

And thank you for the well thought out response. I appreciate it! In the end, I’ll end up putting it up. It’s in my blood, after all.

3 Likes

Get involved. We recently found out that our schools were trying to introduce crt into our school, we are in the beginning process to stop it. We are active in local, county and state politics. I just posted a WI bill that my wife had a small part in writing and getting it before the State Assembly. Get proactive, if you love this Country WE are going to have to fight for it, yes it will cost you time, money and and sweat and maybe blood.
WE are still the majority and WE must find our voice and shout louder. No more hiding.
You missed the meaning of my post, I am not saying this corruption isn’t happening I am saying we can fight it. We are far from being defeated yet. :us:

5 Likes

That happens to me a lot! My wife says I am a terrible listener! :grinning:

But thank you for all you and your wife are doing.

3 Likes

Yes, I have 1 on the flag pole, 1 imbedded in a garden along with a British flag and a 10ft one painted on the back of a shed, all with solar lights.

3 Likes