Do You Fly the American Flag?

I do not remember when we did not have the Stars and Stripes flying, with some seasonal exceptions. For 4 year, we flew the USMC banner while my sone was in the Corps. At Christmas and Easter something seasonal would go up. Otherwise, the Star Spangled Banner has flown for the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave for most of the 30ish years I have lived in Louisville!

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @Radame!

3 Likes

Every day! Nice nylon all-weather flag so we can leave it up all night as well (lit up). Proud Air Force veteran.

4 Likes

@Roger22. Thank you for your service to our great country :us:

2 Likes

Yep. Sure do. Like you 24/7 with a light. I fly our flag out of a gratefulness for what it stands for and in memory of all our brothers in arms. Vietnam vet snd proud to have served.

6 Likes

For years I have kept a thin blue line and thin red line (police and paramedics) flag on each side and the back of my truck. My hat also has the same patch.

I have gotten nothing but compliments everywhere I go. I went to visit a friend at the hospital and while leaving the parking garage the attendant saw my sticker/flag and refused to charge me my parking fee.

5 Likes

Yes, because it is the symbol of the American people. It is a symbol of pride, freedom, strength, and hope.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @AdamThePatriot!

4 Likes

8 Likes

Yes I do!! I would love to tell you of my experience with American Flag that flew on the flag pole at the VA Hospital. I was instructed to trash out the security department at the VA. This is before 9/11 & security was responseable for raising & lowering the hospitals flag. In security there was a tall trash can with a plastic liner bag. Removing the top of the can I observed a wadded up American Flag (garrison size) I removed it & had a buddy help me trifold it. This was a time when there were so many petitions around about desecrating our Sacred Flag. At the end of work day I took the flag home. Few days later I was told by my boss at the VA to return the flag or I was going to be charged with stealing government property. Now most veterans & a lot of people know the American Flag Disposal Rules. My reply was go ahead & charge me because I will contact the newspaper & let them know how this flag was treated by its branch of government. My bosses never said another word. I was truly shocked that a VA Hospital would wad up a flag & put it in a trash can.

6 Likes

I would like to add I still have that flag.

6 Likes

Yes, and I do so proudly. Semper Fi

5 Likes

@AdamThePatriot.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

5 Likes

I think I will have to turn it upside down in distress come Jan 21st.

4 Likes

On this special day: For all those that have gone before us, WE will to keep the candle burning!

3 Likes

I fly the American Flag along with the 82nd Airborne Flag every day, because I’m an American Patriot and retired Army Vet, Airborne All The Way.

5 Likes

No, not usually. We put bunting up for patriotic holidays (as suggested by 4 U.S. Code § 8 (d), and I have special flags I use for special occasions, like the week leading up to Independence Day. But I don’t fly a flag every day. Nothing against those who do, I was just raised in an area where there was one flag, and we all knew where it was if we heard the National Anthem. I get confused when every house on the block has a flag because I don’t know which one to face.

3 Likes

@Quade5 I usually face the one I’m closest to brother.

2 Likes

Yeah but when “To The Colors” starts I don’t want to look around and guess which flag to face. I just want to know where it is, even if I can’t see it. I know it’s funny, but that’s me. I love our flag, but I don’t fly it on normal days.

3 Likes