Do you carry at public events?

@WildRose what a great idea… would be something to look into.

1 Like

Something I include in pretty much every basic and LTC class.

2 Likes

where might I go about finding out if its legal? ideas?

1 Like

You need a good review of your state laws. What state are you in?

1 Like

Great rule of thumb, if you feel the need to be armed you probably need to be somewhere else.

2 Likes

@WildRose. I live in California, Yes I need to be somewhere else but husband retires in about 4 years so stuck here at least till then

1 Like

If you haven’t yet done so let me recommend finding a good USCCA instructor in your area and take the USCCA Home Defense and Concealed Carry courses. They go well beyond just the basic requirements for getting your permit.

Particularly in a state like CA you really need quality, in depth education on the laws.

I have a friend I can recommend if you’re up towards the Sacramento/Marysville/Orogrande area.

1 Like

I don’t know when I will need to be armed. I believe there is very little chance of ‘needing to be armed’. But, I accept that evil does exist in this world and should it decide to show it’s ugly little head, it will not be at a time of my choosing. Better to carry and not need it, than to need it and not carry. And you are correct, if I do not need to be somewhere that is rather questionable, I won’t be there.

1 Like

Exactly. The point is if you are going into a situation that makes you feel like you “need it” that’s a situation you should avoid if possible.

2 Likes

@WildRose Southern California. Thousand Oaks. Ventura county.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. I’ve been carrying since 1979, and for me, CC carry is as much a part of what I leave the house with as my car keys and my wallet. Actually, I never feel less burdened with responsibility, but more. A gunfight is the very last thing I would want, and I’ll do almost anything else first, within reason.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group @John301!