Do not keep a gun on your nightstand

Keep [my firearm holstered w/trigger guard (no belt) on the floor next to our bed, within easy reach. One under the coffee table in the Front-Room holstered w/trigger guard (no belt) covered by a (woman’s magazine) and one (no belt) under the coffee table in the Family Room covered by the (daily newspaper). All firearms C&L, with one in the chamber.

No young kids/grandkids. all grown and out of the house. When they are around, firearms in my safe.

8 Likes

What ifs go in the same catagory as whys

2 Likes

Hooah :us:

1 Like

Hoorah back to you Arnie_w :cowboy_hat_face::us_outlying_islands::+1::cactus::sun_with_face::sunglasses::elephant:

2 Likes

If I was an attorney defending my client and the prosecution made that claim. I got news for you.

I’m putting my client on the stand.
I’ll ask my client.
Was there an intruder inside your home?
His answer would be yes there was a intruder inside his home.

My next question would be, did you shot said intruder?
Obviously if he did then his answer would be yes.

My next question would be, did you shoot anybody other than the intruder?
If he didn’t then his answer would obviously be no and I as a lawyer would of proven his argument to be wrong and none of his concern.

Now I’m no lawyer, didn’t go to law school, or anything of that sort.

If your lawyer ain’t doing anything to the like of that, then you got a pretty shitty ass ■■■■■■■ lawyer and you need to fire them immediately.

1 Like

Funny that knife matches a set in the kitchen.

2 Likes

That’s why mine are hidden in a covered drawer. :us:

1 Like

I get it. Every person is different. Since I was a little kid if my eyes pop open for any reason, I’m AWAKE. It’s hell when it happens at 3:00am because the dog decided this was a good time for a hard ear scratching session. The problem is that at that time I don’t WANT to be awake so I need to put my brain back to sleep.

My wife is hyper sensitive to light when she sleeps, I’m not, so I have to, literally, put my head under the blankets, open my iPhone or iPad and start reading news or scanning the posts here until I get sleepy again. I feel like when I was a kid and I was under my blankets reading the latest comic books with my old flashlight :grin:

2 Likes

The light from an electronic device probably wakes you up even more. Maybe listen to music with ear buds? There’s music programs conducive to sleep.

2 Likes

You might be right… I have a few programs that produce background “noise” like rainfall or waves. I’m probably better off with your music idea or any of those better than getting my blood boiling with Foxnews.com

2 Likes

Reading all these comments and different view points, living alone with my wife, I wonder why I keep my Glock in a safe, far from the bed!

3 Likes

@Steven311 Welcome to the community Steven and Wife, we are glad to have you here. :+1:
Steven’ I would wonder that to??? :us:

1 Like

One prosecutor may say that and the next may something else. You have zero control over that part of things, but a prosecutor alleging something holds little meaning unless he can prove it in court. You can help yourself by following the aftershoot guide USCCA has available and getting legal advice before giving a statement.

In my home state, our castle doctrine presumes that deadly force is reasonable when someone has broken into your home. As for where I choose to store my home defense weapon, that is up to me and I will make that decision based on what is most accessible and advantageous to me should I need it.

4 Likes

I agree. Whether I am fully awake or not does not change my right to be able to defend myself and my family from intruders.

2 Likes

Hey @Enzo_T , I don’t see any OC spray, you’re slackin’ bro. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know!!! Getting soft in my old age. A kinder, gentler Enzo :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have a keeper magnet attached to the nightstand. That’s where the g19 sleeps

4 Likes

I HAVE A HOLSTER PAD THAT STAYS PUT BY BEING PLACED BETWEEN THE MATTRESS & BOXSPRING. I DON’T BELIEVE ANY PROSSICUTOR COULD DETERMINE HOW AWAKE I WAS, I COULD HAVE BEEN LAYING IN BED AWAKE WITH INSOMNIA. I THINK MY ATTORNEY COULD TAKE CARE OF THAT S**T REAL QIUCK.

2 Likes

that’s right the fact that an intruder is in the house at all ,would be a time to react instantly .where i keep the gun in my own home is my business , if anybody wants to hide their weapon under a rock on the chance that a prosecutor will claim anything against you,that’s a matter of choice ,my choice is that always keep my weapon no further than i can reach !

2 Likes