Displaying signs on property

This applies everywhere. :wink:

Example: “You loot, we shoot”
not the best message in court, announcing you will shoot people for stealing. That whole self defense vs stuff defense thing and how the law sees killing over theft
not the best setup for court, criminal or civil

6 Likes

In addition to your pictured sign here just wondering if you have a NO TRESPASSING sign as well on your property.

2 Likes

Around here it’s orange fence posts that means no trespassing but you don’t even have to do that if you don’t have written permission you are trespassing

4 Likes

For me personally the only signs I display are “No Tresspassing” and “Beware of Dog” . I don’t want to advertise gun ownership
will just let it be a surprise if the ocassion should occur.
Once again that’s just how I prefer things.

10 Likes

Where I live 95% of the houses have guns so it’s known that if you break into a house here you’ll be met with a gun

4 Likes

Signage on private property has little or no legal or deterrence effect. Use the signs for target practice.

1 Like

I wont put up signs that indicate I have guns or what I would do to trespassers. The legal implications are real and that is from attorneys. I don’t know the nature of the harassment and I am not an attorney so no legal advice except get a lawyer.
Put up cameras and keep track of the number of vehicles going to his property. A high number could indicate sales. The cameras would also keep track of trespassing by the neighbor. Enough incidents and police can be involved.

4 Likes

Heard of a case somebody getting off of charges from breaking and entering because the doormat said “Welcome”

2 Likes

Put this sign on your front door.

It’s literally a stop sign.

5 Likes

I think Hornady has it correct in the description

“Provide just the right accent for you trophy room, garage, or reloading area”

4 Likes

Possible Defenses for Criminal Threats

Defendants might be able to argue that they had no intent to communicate a true threat, rather it was just a joke or a matter of blowing off steam. In some cases, a defendant could argue the words were protected as free speech, such as a form of political exaggeration or art. Your lawyer might be able to argue that the underlying criminal statute is unconstitutional because it’s vague or overbroad.

3 Likes

We have alot of posted signs in my area. Had a conversation once, I was asked why I always kept my doors locked. My answer was that locks really only slow bad guys down they most likely give a little bit of extra prep and descision time. Also they are also for protection of those trying to break in.

6 Likes

My thought as well.

3 Likes

My neighbor used to come over before i put up gates. Id only been on the property a couple months. He would walk around at midnight. I went out one night with my gun and as he ran back to his gate and slammed it i told him, next time you may get shot. He never stepped foot again. And i had the gates up a couole weeks later. I have signage on all public sides of property. No trespassing and you are being recorded.

4 Likes

I have no trespassing signs on my gates and fence.

3 Likes

I have 6 cameras on my property as well as signage. You are being recorded and no trespassing

5 Likes

And if “Beware of Dog” doesn’t work, you can up your game with something like “Beware of Dog poop” or “Notice: rescue skunks in house.”

5 Likes

If I have to work to get the things I need or want and you take them without paying me for my work that makes me your slave, which is a 13th Amendment violation, justifying and 2nd Amendment response.

4 Likes

Reading crime reports/self-defense stories from about 50+ years ago (1970s and earlier), shooting a fleeing criminal and/or someone stealing one’s property was justified. Current beliefs and law regarding crime for the most part no longer believes nor allows (law) for private citizens, nor even police (most of the time) to shoot these same criminals.

Based on current crime stories, it would seem that by letting the criminals get away, it has not made our society better nor safer. I am not advocating for shooting a thief or fleeing criminal, just making an observation.

4 Likes

I’m not a lawyer, but, I am quite sure the the law and resulting trial would disagree with that hypothesis

3 Likes