Disguises and Strangers

Would you ever consider putting on a disguise, knocking on a stranger’s door and demanding something from them or you’ll do something not-so-nice to them or their house? It sounds like the opening scenes of a horror or crime movie, but I bet most of the people you know have done that numerous times when they were growing up. And we all looked forward to it every year…

Trick or Treating.

While I don’t know anyone who ever did the trick part, I know a lot of people - myself and my kids included - who loved the treating portion. There have been a lot of changes in trick or treating over the years. From only daylight hours to canceling trick or treating in favor of a safe community candy event, the changes have been made to protect children while still making it a fun event.

As we get closer to another Halloween weekend, what precautions did you take as kids or parents to make sure you and your children stayed safe for Halloween?

What are you doing differently to stay safe for Trick or Treating this year?

6 Likes

I live in a gated, retirement community. The closest thing we get to trick or treat costumes around here is a neighbor lady taking the recycling bin to the curb in her nightgown. BOO!

Stay safe out there.

8 Likes

TRICK OR TREATING NEVER FELT SAFER 2021
LAST YEAR NETTED 3 TONS Kit Kat Bars and Candy Corn!

9 Likes

So your the one that caused the shortage, not Empty Shelves biden. :angry:

7 Likes

For the second year in a row, we’re not turning out outside lights on. My wife is preparing three goodie bags for the only kids in the neighborhood we know.

4 Likes

I’m afraid to offer treats this Halloween, the kids may ask for a Universal Basic Income…

7 Likes

Seriously though, I am fortunate to live in a good neighborhood. Last year was not a good time for my wife and I, this year I will be offering treats. As for safety, I always carry (when permissible.) I can monitor activity with security cameras and watching my six. Our back gate will be locked, garage doors closed, and only the front porch will give any access to the home. Trick or treaters can stay on the porch. After 9 - 9:30 the kids coming by are older usually, and that is usually too late, so I will shut it down. No Kids, but when they were young and I would take them I always paid attention, carried and checked their candy before it was consumed.

4 Likes

I am gonna dress up as Colonel Sanders at work and I am serving fried Chicken.

5 Likes

I turn Jehovah Witness during holidays and birthday’s. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I live rural, no trick or treaters.

6 Likes

The one rule we had growing up as kids is to bring our candy home for our parents could inspect them. Halloween was a safe holiday back then though. Nowadays people take advantage of the costumes and masks to commit robberies and home invasions. Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

Sounds like they’re training to be government employees

4 Likes

All of our Kids have out grown it, But we have grandkids. They only go to known friends and family and our local Fire dept and PDs.

4 Likes

Who goes trick or treat anymore. I live in an urban area and we haven’t had a Trick or Treater in over 15 years. Kids don’t do that anymore because parents don’t allow it. And to be very honest with you I don’t blame them.

5 Likes

Halloween is almost here. It seems this year is coming to a close. As it has been said time flys when we are having a good time. I believe for alot of folks that could be a 'NOT". I hope better days are head for all :us: :us_outlying_islands: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Depends on the neighborhood.
We know all the kids and they know us
Full size, not fun size
We get to reintroduce ourselves to the parents after the covid lock down
A positive thing
depending on the neighborhood

5 Likes