Did you get the memo?

Shotshells will probably soon become persona non gratia. Plastic wads are turning up in waterways and the environmentalists are now calling for a ban, just like with lead shot.
OK, people were shooting shotguns long before the improvements provided by plastic wads, and various fiber wads are still being manufactured, these mainly for black powder and brass cases.
But they are wads.
Here’s my issue: where are the recipes published for reloading smokeless with fiber wads and steel/Bismuth shot?

3 Likes

Planted evidence

6 Likes

Those are actually plastic caps from almond soy milk containers

14 Likes

Do people think it is ok to litter. As long as it isn’t their own property. Littering is a crime. Try to pick up your own shot shells. Be responsible. Let’s all get along…

4 Likes

What’s next, I didn’t pickup my shattered clay pigeons?

6 Likes

The OP stated wads, not shells. Try to find those.

… and pick-up the shot that didn’t hit the birds, including those that went into the water. :rofl:

7 Likes

And in other woke news.

Feds Shrink Montana Wolf Trapping Seasons to Protect Grizzlies | Field & Stream (fieldandstream.com)

3 Likes

I thought all the Grizzlies were relocated to Washington State? :thinking:

7 Likes

I reload mine but I’ll be damned if I’m going looking for a ducking Wad or #8 shot just because someone that probably has never been behind a Springer working the Wheat field whines about it.

7 Likes

I know. I am like that. I had good intentions.
I do pick up my wads and shot shells and bullets when I can find them. I don’t think clay hurts anything.

I know how difficult it can be to find wads.
https://www.vims.edu/ccrm/research/marine_debris/solutions/wads/index.php
And don’t miss.:dog:

1 Like

Yeah! What good did that do?

5 Likes

That’s insane.

2 Likes

What? No ‘after’ picture?

3 Likes

Wasn’t nearly as cute… too much blood and gore. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m imagining that is my MIL on the other end of that furry kiss.

3 Likes

Your wife told her about the Bersa and S&W ? :grinning:

2 Likes

Mine, on the other hand, was an angel… literally… her name was Angelina. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m sure they both had a “discussion” about my “Mindless” purchase without any consideration of anyone else. Mind you I have yet to ask about the Old Navy, Macy’s, Liz Taylor and Jared Jewelers bags I saw on the floor of her closet. THAT is probably none of my business huh. :thinking:

3 Likes

Unless they are all for you, then ask away! What could it hurt. :wink::grinning:

4 Likes