Deleted My Facebook account today

Same, I gave it up for lent, about four years ago, but got back into recently. Remembering why I gave it up to begin with.

6 Likes

I never said anything about Trump.

Go to a gun related page. It will say “make sure you are okay with this content” before you accept. Go to any other page and when you click like, it just lets you like it. Big tech is not good to gun channels or pages. That’s one reason I will be staying subscribed to WPSN.

I am a fan of the Hodge Twins. Their Facebook was shut down with millions of watchers months ago. I understand anyone who doesn’t like them, but Facebook and Twitter shouldn’t just remove sites they disagree with. At the very least they should have a consistent criteria by which they enforce policies which they do not.

6 Likes

They need to do this consistently, and clearly define. Go watch Facebook and Twitter at Capitol Hill a few months ago when they were censoring Hunter Biden’s Scandal. They don’t use clear criteria.

Inciting violence needs to be clearly defined. Claiming Trump for Capitol Hill is like claiming Bernie for the shooting of conservatives a few years back, and blaming Obama for the shooting of 6 police officers in Dallas a few years back. Needs consistent measure.

Calls to destroy Israel from political leaders are not removed from Twitter… they pick and choose what they want.

4 Likes

Nobody mentioned anything about this. The original post mentioned dropping social media because of the way conservative groups are treated. Nothing was mentioned about who, or the why.

5 Likes

Then look who is being silenced! Maybe that will clear it up for you.

This is an assault on all that it means to be an American.

7 Likes

To be fair, I did. :grin::sweat_smile:

But I’ll stand behind that statement.

“Leftist” and liberal are two different things to me. Leftist is an extreme left, which I do believe Big Tech functions in this realm. I think it has more to do with their wanting to quiet voices that effect their potential business partners overseas, but what do I know.

These platforms have been overtly biased for years and they’re really reaching extremes now. I’ve watched months of “Fact Checked” labels on posts that are conservative, and then overly liberal lies consistently go un fact checked.

This is not a matter of being liberal or conservative. This is a matter of equal treatment of peoples beliefs.

6 Likes

I think we can reasonably come to the conclusion that if conservative groups are singled out for censorship that the censors are leftist.

10 Likes

Yes sir, great post. You summed that up perfectly.

We are so close to the “Ministry of Truth” that Orwell imagined.

5 Likes

I got off Twitter 3 years ago. I tried Facebook for a week. I haven’t and don’t plan on joining any form of social media going forward. I know my views & perspectives are unpopular among so-called black folks especially & the greater American population too. But, is it better to tell the TRUTH or be POPULAR? This society has chosen popularity. 🤦🏾

:point_right:t5: I’ve changed the names of social media sites to make them ridiculous…
:joy: FAKEBOOK
:joy: QWITTER
:joy: INSTA-SHAM
:joy: PIK NOT

:v:t5:

5 Likes

You mean unsubstantiated claims that are labeled as such. If they want the label removed provide verifiable facts.

I’m on linkedin for work, no other social media. I think social media is the tinder that is starting all of the fires on every issue.
This is the only place I get involved in online discussions.

6 Likes

So your saying no one who has been removed from Social media espousing violence, hate speech. It’s only conservatives? Calling you fake news.

2 Likes

That was the government not a private company in 1984.

Provide us some of your “overly liberal lies” and provide some corroborating evidence that they lies.

Was a typo, supposed to be “Overtly” liberal lies.

We can start here BREAKING: Ted Cruz RIPS Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey over New York Post Hunter Biden report - YouTube

I mean seriously…

We can start here. the son of a presidential candidate is found in a huge verifiable scandal, presented by a reputable news source.

Have you ever listened to Joe or Kamala? They are never fact checked… did you watch the DNC? It was never fact checked… I’ve seen plenty of right wing posts flagged by Facebook, maybe they needed to be. But there are many on the left that deserve to be looked at with just as much scrutiny… I’ve seen fact checkers be wrong, especially during the high profile police shootings that took place.

Have the articles written about the woman who was shot on Capitol Hill all added she was unarmed and shot by law enforcement? Most of them just say a woman was shot. They don’t want details. They want to vilify conservatives (I don’t condone Capitol Hill’s Riots, but it’s a clear example of how articles leave details out).

Many articles early in the year on George Floyd’s did not present all the facts till MONtHS later. Even though they were allowed to watch the body cam footage right after it occurred. Social media didn’t fix these.

Did social media flag the Jacob Blake shooting after it was verified he was an armed rapist? Or was that left out of articles. Should those articles be flagged?

I mean really.

The safest action is to allow information to run free and let people sort through the information themselves.

If hey choose to flag articles, they need to read all articles and flag all that have missing information or are “false” (which has often been false).

Is every meme that’s an over generalization also to be flagged? I’ve seen conservative ones, but not liberal ones… do you not believe they exist?.

It’s about equal treatment, not your political affiliation.

9 Likes

Good for you :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

I lasted on Facebook for a week. It was WHACK (late 90s terminology)! Too nosey & intrusive… Where are you, can we use your location, can we have access to your photos & contact list, tell us MORE so we can send specific adds to you, and on & on…

Even once you delete your account, these folk don’t get the message “We will leave your account open for 30 days in case you change your mind.” 🤦🏾😡 I thought I made myself crystal clear by deleting the account.

:v:t5:

5 Likes

Is it relevant that she was unarmed? If a mob was coming into your house chanting hang Scoutbob you would first check to see if they were armed before defending yourself?

So your saying it’s ok for police to murder someone because they have prior complaints against them?

So it’s OK for al quaeda radicalization propaganda be freely available everywhere?

Clearly @Eric163 doesn’t care what you have to say he is gonna pick an argument. Some people just can’t or won’t listen to facts and intentionally sensationalize their argument. I agree with everything you’ve said.

Yes the left has taken over social media and at this point they are the “Ministry of truth”. Yes it’s a department of government in 1984 but at this point they are censoring political posts for one side… Basically the same thing since it’s promoting only one sided political views.

@Eric163 if you don’t see this you are either willfully ignorant of it or incredibly naive.

8 Likes

I would say the same thing of you.

You’re welcome to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. Have a nice day, just please open your eyes so you don’t walk into any walls.

6 Likes