"Deflate tires" -new ad campaign on Twitter

Twitter allows this, because not sabotage or terrorism

3 Likes

I’d rather not advertise for them, personally

6 Likes

If they deflate my tires, that means my car will get lose fuel efficiency.
Why do they hate the planet?

8 Likes

I can think of plenty of other things that need deflating, our economy? Brandon’s head? Kamala, nothing to deflate! Party on Garth!

3 Likes

targeting wealthy areas – our goal isn’t to disrupt workers

The person that wrote this is a moron. “Wealthy” people don’t work? What is that idiot’s understanding of “wealth”? How much would that be? I view sabotage of a person’s property as violent. What if the person drove without realizing the flat tires and crashed the vehicle, possibly injuring themselves and others? Or if that person had a life-threatening emergency and now their vehicle is immobilized?

These people only think about themselves and have no empathy for others - the most despicable of people. I am quite sure if what they propose to do to others happened to them, they would be enraged and want to harm those responsible. Petulant children in adult bodies.

10 Likes

Thought we’re all supposed to stay “offended”?
Seems to be modern day medias goal anyways.

3 Likes

I don’t think they thought through technicalities, the main goal here is to get some brave activists accustomed to what they call “direct action”. This is real risk –if you have a van, an SUV, a pickup truck, look out for young men and women who decided to play along with this challenge.

4 Likes

They were telling their followers to target wealthy areas and not working people probably to avoid the bad publicity that would bring.

Lowering tires is a very dangerous idea. Most people don’t look at their tires when getting in the car. Just wait till the first kids get killed because a soccer moms SUV can’t make a turn or rolls over with the flat tires.

Twitter has rules against targeted harassment but this harassment falls in line with the political agenda of the owners so it is overlooked.

8 Likes

Maybe they should look out for us!

5 Likes

Sabotaging tires on someone’s vehicle could be treated as a case of attempted murder by the prosecutors
 Fat chance.

4 Likes

The American people are already deflated by any measure. What could this possibly solve?

3 Likes

Target “wealthy” areas; If they’re wealthy, you wouldn’t be able to get near their vehicles.

5 Likes

Different people may have different ideas regarding what qualifies as “wealthy”, I suppose.

Many homes near me are $600-$800k and 5k-7k square feet, and they have cars parked in the driveway or on the street. Public roads, totally open access. I think a lot of people would consider that wealthy. I certainly do lol

3 Likes

Those prices especially at those McMansion sizes sound like amazing bargains. With the Housing Bubble 2.0 and CA exodus of the last couple years, 1k to 2k Square foot homes are going for $600k to $1.5M here in Northern AZ.

4 Likes

As always, the troublemakers will be after soft targets, not the “wealthy”, whatever the definition.

You know the bb shooting challenge on Tik Tok? There was an incident near me recently, the victim is a 6 grader, his father was hesitating whether to press charges (what went on in his head is beyond me)

5 Likes

Wealthy: they grant special exemption to Pelosi’s neighborhood :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

I agree. They can’t build enough of what looks like Russian housing to me, here in Charlotte. And people can’t buy them fast enough with most going for way over asking price. All on tiny really crappy lots.

As I’m fond of saying, “people aren’t very smart.”

2 Likes

I wonder, if someone takes it upon themselves to do this and they are injured, maimed or killed as a result of someone protecting their property or as the article says could cause an accident. Lethal force would be extreme in this case but a situation could get out of hand. This is hypothetical of course. Would the radical instigators posting the tweet be held accountable in states that have a “Party to a Crime” law?

3 Likes

I would think so. They are asking people to break multiple laws starting with vandalism, trespassing and harassment potentially going all the way up to manslaughter. At the very least the people promoting these crimes are opening themselves up to civil law suits.

6 Likes

Hypothetically and hyperbolically speaking, if you saw someone letting the air out of your tires and you confronted this person, the situation could escalate quickly. If the vandal (no offense meant to actual Vandals) felt threatened and idiotically decided to charge you with the tool he was using to deflate your tires, you might technically be justified in defending yourself with deadly force.

The reality is that your local prosecutor is going to tell the jury that you were the aggressor, and that deadly force is not justified to protect your tires.

5 Likes