Death penalty

Agreed, and argues for a complete overhaul of the system of capital punishment rather than its abolishment.

1 Like

I understand and I am not forcing you to believe in God brother @Blacky

3 Likes

God instituted the death penalty. I am a Christian, so I agree with my God. I also believe that since humans mess stuff up, it should be reserved for situations of absolute proof of willful murder.

5 Likes

Not to mention having to keep your back to the wall due to super predators, gangs and racial violence.

4 Likes

One thing that makes me chuckle each time is when someone suggests that methods of execution must be humane.

Punishment is not supposed to be comfortable.

Also, how about criminals treat their victims in a humane manner too?

6 Likes

I know but, that but God is another issue ( no offense taken )
:us::us::us:

1 Like

Like guys on death row getting covid vaccinations before old people?

3 Likes

Wow good vidio, THANKS :us::us::us:

2 Likes

Punishment for crime or crimes must be a deterant. Punishment and rewards have been in our thinking for many generations, e.g., good grades in school in most cases earned a reward of some sort. Back talking your mother or father was met with punishment, helping your grandparents equals a reward. I could go on but I think the plan is well worn.
Now we live in a world that apparently lives by other rules. I think that a return to some basic rules would help mend some of the errors.
I do have a simple rule for capital crimes: whatever you did to the other person should be your punishment. Beating your wife or husband should carry a punishment equal to the treatment you handed out. Murder, same. In other words an eye for an eye. True we may end up with a lot of one-eyed people, but the fear of having someone beat you as you have beaten your spouse or loved one may make you think twice about it. In my opinion, we have allowed ourselves to be governed in every avenue. Case in point: someone breaks into your home, most common response, call the police, why? You should be able to take needed actions to stop or correct the actions of the people trying to violate you and yours.
I agree that the prisons are little more than a private club and the dues are being paid by others. Prisons are condos where your every need is taken care of, without costs or obligation to you the member of the club. How do you get into such a club, easy violate someone’s rights. As I see it the punishment rarely equals the crime and in many cases, there is no punishment. You may have to spend some time in the “Club”, but so what? You are given free room and board, free medical attention, clean clothes, what more do you want, just ask?
I suggest we look at how criminals are dealt with in other counties. Maybe we should allow the UN to deal with criminals, after all, we pay the UN large sums of money to provide a safe and unified world order.
I am not saying that there is a perfect way to deal with criminals, hell, it has been going on since Cain and Able, and we are no closer to a perfect answer?
I feel that we should live by a set of laws and those who violate those laws be delt with in the strongest manner possible. Kill, be killed, simple.

Larry

2 Likes

You shall not murder
and
Thou shall not kill (inaccurate translation).

5 Likes

Question: What is your point? Are you saying a Serial Killer(Murderer), should not be killed by the judicial system?

Larry

1 Like

No way. Curious to see what other people think about it.
:us:

I do not agree. It may deter some people, like not driving too fast because you do not want to pay a fine, face increases in your insurance (or lose it), or lose your license to drive, etc., but not all people are deterred, otherwise we would not have people committing offenses.

If the final punishment of death does not deter some people, and clearly life in prison does not, what do you believe would deter people from breaking laws? At some point, the punishment is just that, just a credit adjustment on the balance sheet of social order. If you do x, it will cost y. Criminals obviously are willing to pay the cost; most of the rest of us are not. Laws only deter those already willing to comply, and most likely do not need the stick to enforce that behavior to be a good citizen.

2 Likes

It would appear as if some people don’t have the capacity to comprehend the consequences of their actions therefore give no thought to what they do.
Add ego, alcohol, drugs and an it won’t happen to me your life doesn’t matter attitude and you have a homicide waiting to happen.

2 Likes

I have stated my views on the subject, maybe a bit Hard Nosed, but it is my view. So far I have not read any other plan. Should we continue to look the other way and hope that it will go away? My views can be changed with a good counter rebuttal, facts no emotions. The problem will not go away on its own, since the dawn of Mankind, the lesser will be pushed to the limit, action must be taken.

Larry

I must confess that I don’t care all that much about the deterrent effect of punishment, especially for murder. Deterrence is good, and it is important, but more important is the issue of justice.

If you kill my mom, then she and I both deserve justice, and justice for murder involves the death of the murderer.

7 Likes

Right on.
:us:

1 Like

I agree with it, given a fair trial and adequate proof, which I think is where things get complicated.

The Biblical reference is clear (and often misunderstood to imply revenge, when it actually means more of “make the punishment fit the crime”), and though we’re (Christians) not under Mosaic law- the intent is clear.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @George151 and God bless you.

So is public Stoning. Maybe that will work better as a deterrent as the death penalty. :us::us::us:

1 Like