Deadly Force: Is Shooting a Knife Realistic?

7 Likes

As always a good video & to the point…

2 Likes

Paul Harrell is always great

3 Likes

I wanna see honest outlaw duplicate the shots from 100yards😁

1 Like

Paul Harrell recently released a video on being demonetized. He said he might have to get sponsorship for future videos.

Although at only half the subscribers as Warrior Poet, maybe the USCCA might look into seeing if he is someone they want to sponsor.

3 Likes

Too good for the point he is making in the video, in fact! It looked to me like he personally could shoot the knife out of attacker’s hand.

1 Like

I think Harrell is a pretty good shooter. The target, while jostling a little was still following a predictable path from left to right.

Most police aren’t good shooters. And for sure the path of the knife hand is not a predictable one.

2 Likes

IMO, short answer to the title of this post - No.
Reminds me of the snake story; cut (shoot) the head off of the snake…no more snake. One round placed twixt the running lights or to the melon of the attacker…no more attacker. Yes, the head is smaller than the torso or center mass but certainly bigger than a hand and not able to move near as rapidly or unpredictably.
So many things could go wrong with trying to do this. Missing the target wasting valuable time AND ammunition, attacker still has another hand and legs are still working, missing the target and round hits a by-stander you may not know is there, etc. No; IMO, never try this silver-screen cowboy :poop: in a real-world situation. I say center mass or melon every time.

1 Like