Dads Against Predators

My thing is, as a responsible gun owner is this acceptable? And does this help our case?

1 Like

@Erik10, no they are NOT doing exactly the same thing, by very essence of being deputized officers and not civilians. Vigilantism is wrong. Law Enforcement is not equal to vigilantism.
While any parent and decent person should be outraged at the predators, the fact is any case tainted with vigilantism is likely to be thrown out of court, and the predator him/herself will be viewed as a victim of vigilantes in the future, DA unwilling to charge them for subsequent crimes. Who does this serve? Only the egos of this group. This is what this is about.
How about joining LE instead, getting the education and serving with a badge, doing the same thing under the right authority?

3 Likes

Not even remotely the same thing as BLM or Antifa. These pedophiles started chatting with underage kids online and know theyā€™re underage because they said so. Then they talk them into meeting in person and then go to meet that underage kid. Sorry but as much as I love LEā€¦I know most departments simply canā€™t chase every case down or set up stings to catch these predators before they act. LE also doesnā€™t have the funding in most cities and counties to support this type of sting operation. Donā€™t believe me? Go ask your local department. Theyā€™ll likely tell you the same thing. So, youā€™d rather let LE handle it only? Meanwhile these parasites are feeding on our children? Nopeā€¦simply donā€™t agree with your passive idea of letting LE handle it. You might as well give up your concealed carry license/permit and rely on LE to protect you And your family also.

2 Likes

What you donā€™t understand is that DAP is creating very risky environments, and the sheriffs office want to prosecute these people but DAP is getting the way by scaring everyone.

Also DAP doesnā€™t set their profiles up as children, they start with having a profile of 20-25, they get people to start talking to them once they get talking they lower the age down to 15.

In the end, these pedophiles get exposed for a little bit, move out of the area where they can harm more people, and thereā€™s nothing to stop them because theyā€™re not on a registry.

Also none you answered how you feel about this video.

My comment was about the ā€œvigilanteā€ justice of this group - very much like Antifa and BLM, with the exception of the idiot making a death threat and showing a firearm on video. Yes, law enforcement is the responsibility of our police. We do not go around threatening people and instigating trouble, especially as CC holders.

There is a huge difference between going out and instigating trouble and trouble finding you. As bad as these predators may be, it is still not in our purview as private citizens to exact ā€œjusticeā€. If you harm one of these people, you will have serious legal repercussions, both criminally and civilly.

1 Like

If we want to be treated fairly under the law, we need to treat others fairly under the law and not take the law into our own hands. We are responsibly armed Americans and our goal is to protect ourselves and our families. We are not police officers.

These types of actions can disrupt ongoing police investigations and taint or nullify evidence. Not to mention innocent lives can be destroyed by false accusations.

Be a good witness, work with the police instead of creating more work for the police through vigilante activity.

8 Likes

Do what they are doing but forget the videos and turn the information over to the LE. At least they will be looking at this person, HOPEFULLY. The DAP should be able to work with LE.

What this group, or any group like it is doing is exactly what those predators would do with our children. Communicate online, set up a meeting, and meet in person.

Now, if this group is ā€œgetting in the way of LE investigationā€ then I certainly retract my support. However, I know (having talked to TOO many departments) that not all LE has the time, money, or man power to chase cases like this until a crime is committed.

As for having a profile of a 20-25 year oldā€¦all kids do that crap. kids all the time put in false information to get logged in. Thatā€™s never a shocker. What is a shocker is when someone does say they are underage, and still they pursue a meeting with that person.

As for the videoā€¦yeah, itā€™s a threat. However, I hear kids in the background so Iā€™m guessing his threat is because someone doxxed him or exposed his actual address and he is worried for his family as all of us would be. Do I support it, no, but I most certainly understand it and empathize with him doing what he thinks he needs to in order to protect his family.

Alexander, by doing the same ā€œthingā€ I am referring to the same process of catching predators like chris hansen did, except that this time they will be deputized and make arrests once they have the evidence to get the conviction. Obviously it isnā€™t exactly the same since deputized people will be conducting the sting this time.

LE isnā€™t = to vigilantismā€¦correct. Did you think I wasnā€™t aware?

As for who it serves, wellā€¦honestly it serves more than youā€™re claiming because some of these perpetrators are committing suicide after being exposed red handed, so they wonā€™t commit these types of acts ever again. Ideally Iā€™d love it if all the people who do this type of sting operation get deputized so they could make an arrest and get these parasites off the street. However, since that hasnā€™t happened, and most departments canā€™t afford to run these types of investigationsā€¦then I welcome the help of regular people catching these parasites in the act and exposing them. Vigilantismā€¦sureā€¦but at any time the perps could have simply not gone, stopped chatting, not arranged a meeting, etc.

As for joining LE, sure, I have no issue with that. Iā€™m not even deputized and Iā€™ve helped on several investigations already. Feel free to message me if youā€™d like me to provide evidence, contacts, and more to show the details. Iā€™m not opposed to joining LE, I just havenā€™t done so because my state treats LEOā€™s as the enemy and not with the respect they deserve. I didnā€™t feel a desire to get deputized when Iā€™d be treated with such disdain. Maybe thatā€™ll change in the future, maybe not. All I can say is I have no issue with LE, I support them whole heartedlyā€¦but I also know how strapped for cash they are and how under manned they are as well. IF youā€™re LE and your department does need the help though, let me know, Iā€™m always here to help.

My friend I have no doubt in your words. Do you know how many convictions resulted from this though?

As far as causing suicides among the pedosā€¦ I want a predator removed from society, behind bars, but as a believing man I donā€™t want anyone to face terrible judgement for causing a suicide. It is not good PR either, they may have as well lynched the guy.

I donā€™t know what to tell you. We live in strange times.

You know who else committed suicide due to negative press? Jake Gardner. What was he guilty of? Just because an accused commits suicide, does not mean he/she is/was guilty of anything. Even people convicted of crimes have been found to not actually have been guilty. These tactics are wrong. Vigilante justice is not justice, itā€™s criminal.

2 Likes

I know I started a bit of a riot last time over religion but Iā€™ll try and be more politically correct this time. Iā€™m an atheist. I donā€™t believe in any god or higher power and therefore I donā€™t fear or worry about any ā€œjudgementā€ dished out by one. I wish I could believe like you that there is some being who will judge all these reprehensible parasites and people who commit awful acts but I simply donā€™t. From all my research, this belief of hell and judgement stemmed directly from humanityā€™s need to feel justice will be servedā€¦if not in this life then the next. Itā€™s a nice thoughtā€¦but not one I believe.

As for predator suicides, Iā€™m honestly fine with bad people removing themselves from the gene pools. Since I donā€™t believe in higher powers or any judgement, I have to accept that some people donā€™t get brought to justice. If these groups catch pedos and those pedos commit suicideā€¦I see it as a positiveā€¦no matter how callous it may sound. Yes I am all for justice. Yes I would love to see these pedos go to jail where the inmates all hate them and do onto them as they wanted to do to children. Unfortunately, since my lack of belief prevents me from having happy thoughts about punishment coming in this life or nextā€¦then I remain hopeful to see it in this life.

I wish you well and please donā€™t take offense or take my remarks as a personal attack, they are NOT. Best to you and those who do believe.

1 Like

The press release.

The sheriff has been working on cases just DAP is being reckless in what theyā€™re doing so and if DAP keeps it up they will be charged.

3 Likes

I applaud the efforts of the sheriff and the efforts theyā€™re making to stop child predators. In this case, Iā€™d certainly suggest the DAP group to back off and let LE do their job. In other cases where LE isnā€™t doing anything, then I feel differently.

As a dad with three daughters I really canā€™t say I sympathize with any pedophiles or potential pedophiles. With certain elements on a certain political side trying to declare pedophilia as another ā€œsexual orientationā€ instead of what it really is I find myself in the position of saying ā€œWhatever it takes to make these sick ******* fall off the face of the earth Iā€™m good with.ā€

Law Enforcement does a good job of catching them, but they always end up with minor sentencing, sometimes just probation. I am not ok with treating them with kid gloves. Iā€™d rather they be left blood eagle as a warning to the next.

People who commit such atrocities against children deserve the full punishment of the law. We do not want to make it any harder for police officers and the judicial system to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

Letā€™s pause here to remember we are responsibly armed Americans. PLEASE be careful about what you say here. If you ever have to legally defend your physical self-defense actions vigilante-type comments will be used against you.

Be a good witness, protect your loved ones.

4 Likes

Yep. My intentions of this post was to be a reminder that weā€™re responsibly armed. We donā€™t go out looking for trouble! Since they do most of their operations across the street from my HOUSE, Iā€™m worried something bad will eventually happen. You canā€™t just tell somebody talk to me or Iā€™m making a scene and then start yelling.

I voiced my opinions and told everyone let the Sheriffs office do their work and leave them alone, just to get tagged in their group and told Iā€™m a pedophile and pedo sympathizer.

3 Likes

This kind of extremism makes me frown, regardless of context.

3 Likes

Predators need to go no remorse for them

1 Like