DA/SA Fans?

I have both and don’t have any real problem either way, although I prefer to carry my Ruger security 9. Great fit and feel for my hand and since I grew up with 1911s I carry cocked and locked.

My Taurus PT24/7G2 had a SA/DA trigger. I like that a lot. It means that when I dry fire, I don’t have to rack my gun in between “shots.”

Unfortunately, none of my other guns has such a trigger.

I own a Beretta PX4. It is a SA/DA and I also really like that design. However, the Beretta is to big and bulky for me to carry everyday. My Sig P938 is my carry firearm now. I also like the 1911 SAO design with the safety. Feel comfortable with one in the chamber along with the safety. Cocked hammer was a bit of a concern at first but I am used to it now. My PX4 sits in the safe most of the time now except when I take it to the range.

1 Like

I just obtained a Walther PPX, which is a freaking huge full-sized pistol. I was pointed toward Muddy River Tactical for a holster. I got their claw feature, which causes my over-sized pistol to print less than my CCP compact, so you might want to look into them if you want to take your Beretta around with you all the time.

Hi all! New to forum!
I concur with the cz’s and sigs. I carry a Cajun gun works pcr custom… awesome thing. Yet just as anything else, we must train train train! I am also a huge fan of 1911’s. Yet for some reason da/sa seems to work for me. This is why the manufacturers get on these sites to see what we are saying! Lol!

3 Likes

I carry a PX4 sub compact for the my winter carry.

Many more than you can imagine or count.

1 Like

I carry the same thing! CZ PCR with CGW pro package. My favorite gun and daily carry. An absolute delight to shoot, and I practice at the range the DA/SA combo every 4 or 5 shots. I’ve become remarkably accurate with the DA/SA combination thanks to the CGW mods.

2 Likes

Paul129,
Yeah, I had the pro package, night sights and the accuracy bushing installed, purchased it directly from CGW. It took 14 weeks, yet well worth the wait! Cz’s very under rated. (IMHO) yet Jeff Cooper seemed to love them, so that says alot!

3 Likes

Dana7,
I am not a fan of Berretta, yet those storms caught my eye… Especially the custom ones, how do you like it? I have heard alot of good things about them. The compact version

Paul,
I love my custom 1911’s don’t get me wrong, I have been shooting and competing since 1991.( Back when you purchased a .45 acp shipped it to a custom house with 1500.00 and waited. ) I have 2 custom EGW’s built by Jim milks. Awesome pistols! (Lived through the Clinton gun ban) so at that time, .45 was the way to go! Now with the improvement of the 9mm ammo, and power to wieght ratio(not to mention getting older, I am now reaching for my cz’s!
I also have the custom tactical again purchased from CGW and a custom Phantom also. Well worth the money.
Just my personal opinion, as a NRA instructor, i get alittle squirrelly with striker fired pistols with no manual safety. So 1911, or da/sa for me is the way,

I Don’t carry a sig. but I seldom leave the house without my Ruger9E and an extra magazine,Flash light,Cell phone and knife.

I do like them for EDC and I am eyeing the FNX 45 Tactical to take the place of my 1911. 15 plus 1 rounds of 45 ACP+P is hard to argue with.

1 Like

I have one, and it’s a great shooting gun.

1 Like